There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Create your own experience!

Pros

Working with the elderly is fulfilling. Most of the time they appreciate your attention.

Cons

Sometimes Management see the residents as dollar signs rather than people. Who is moving out? Who is coming in? When will they start paying rent? It gets upsetting sometimes.

Advice to Management

Varies from building to building... pay more for more qualified employees and training for staff and you will earn those large rent checks from HAPPY and satisfied residents.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

1. Great place for your parents

Current Employee - Dining Services Director
    Current Employee - Dining Services Director

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A Great place to work

Cons

No compensation or benefits worthwhile

2. Definitely melting away the aquired callus of Corporate life

Current Employee - Analytics in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Analytics in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have represented Emeritus for just over two months. During this time, I have gained greater insight and respect into the "activities of daily living" that our beautifully seasoned society members live. Becoming aware of both their challenges and lifestyle has allowed me to absorb a greater understanding into the outstanding work our Community Family members provide day in and day out. Without a doubt they are truely committed to making sure that Seniors continue their life journey with dignity and respect, not to mention making it fun and sociable. Emeritus is slowly melting away the years of acquired corporate callus growth thus allowing me to once again sharpen my career sword and feel good about coming to work because it DOES make a difference in my life and of course the lifes of our wonderful residents! If you truely care about feeling good about what you do to make the lifes of others better, Emeritus is the place for you!

Cons

Parking can be a bit tough in the area

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow as a corporation, NEVER loose sight of the "home town" feel and committment to enriching the lives of our Seniors. It is a value that I have seen dulled in past Corporate life and no matter how much it is glossed over, eventually it does hurt bottom line. The respect for others and genuine care that I currently experience in my workplace is one of the joys that allows me to continue to bring on my best and sharpen that dulled sword of putting up the good fight (one for all!) ensuring that we embrace each and every Senior in our care as we walk along side their journey!