There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Training & Development in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Training & Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for Emeritus for 7+ years and have worked my way up from an ED position at a community to a national role with the home office. It is by far the best company culture I've ever had the honor of working in and the company truly is a "family". I've never had to question the focus and direction of our leadership - the message has consistently been "Do the right thing for our residents and employees. Every day." The company is progressive and is committed to smart growth that will enable wonderful development opportunities for the employees while providing the type of care that I would want for my own mother.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. One of the other great things that Emeritus has started over the past year is an Individual Development Planning process which opens the conversation with our supervisor to plan our own career growth. If there is a con, I guess it would be that I wish this process had been around 7 years ago.

Advice to Management

Never lose your ability to be real people who truly listen and are interested in your employees. I'm so proud to work for a Senior Leadership team that exhibits such egoless clarity.

reviews filtered by
  1. Definitely melting away the aquired callus of Corporate life

Current Employee - Analytics in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Analytics in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have represented Emeritus for just over two months. During this time, I have gained greater insight and respect into the "activities of daily living" that our beautifully seasoned society members live. Becoming aware of both their challenges and lifestyle has allowed me to absorb a greater understanding into the outstanding work our Community Family members provide day in and day out. Without a doubt they are truely committed to making sure that Seniors continue their life journey with dignity and respect, not to mention making it fun and sociable. Emeritus is slowly melting away the years of acquired corporate callus growth thus allowing me to once again sharpen my career sword and feel good about coming to work because it DOES make a difference in my life and of course the lifes of our wonderful residents! If you truely care about feeling good about what you do to make the lifes of others better, Emeritus is the place for you!

Cons

Parking can be a bit tough in the area

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow as a corporation, NEVER loose sight of the "home town" feel and committment to enriching the lives of our Seniors. It is a value that I have seen dulled in past Corporate life and no matter how much it is glossed over, eventually it does hurt bottom line. The respect for others and genuine care that I currently experience in my workplace is one of the joys that allows me to continue to bring on my best and sharpen that dulled sword of putting up the good fight (one for all!) ensuring that we embrace each and every Senior in our care as we walk along side their journey!

Who could ask for anything more?! Really?!

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Career Growth
    - Innovative Resources to drive personal and professional success
    - Amazing culture - When we say Our Family is Committed to Yours...WE MEAN IT
    - Great team, I truly find value in our collaborative work environment

Cons

That more people haven't join such an amazing, supportive and resident focused organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay the course from our focus on resident and family needs to employee development...Emeritus Leaders...you are doing a mighty fine job! This is all inclusive...not just Executive level, but our Directors at the communities. The dedication and integrity witnessed every day, truly makes me proud to be an Emeritan.