Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com
  www.brookdale.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Training & Development in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Training & Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for Emeritus for 7+ years and have worked my way up from an ED position at a community to a national role with the home office. It is by far the best company culture I've ever had the honor of working in and the company truly is a "family". I've never had to question the focus and direction of our leadership - the message has consistently been "Do the right thing for our residents and employees. Every day." The company is progressive and is committed to smart growth that will enable wonderful development opportunities for the employees while providing the type of care that I would want for my own mother.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. One of the other great things that Emeritus has started over the past year is an Individual Development Planning process which opens the conversation with our supervisor to plan our own career growth. If there is a con, I guess it would be that I wish this process had been around 7 years ago.

Never lose your ability to be real people who truly listen and are interested in your employees. I'm so proud to work for a Senior Leadership team that exhibits such egoless clarity.

282 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Definitely melting away the aquired callus of Corporate life

Current Employee - Analytics in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Analytics in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have represented Emeritus for just over two months. During this time, I have gained greater insight and respect into the "activities of daily living" that our beautifully seasoned society members live. Becoming aware of both their challenges and lifestyle has allowed me to absorb a greater understanding into the outstanding work our Community Family members provide day in and day out. Without a doubt they are truely committed to making sure that Seniors continue their life journey with dignity and respect, not to mention making it fun and sociable. Emeritus is slowly melting away the years of acquired corporate callus growth thus allowing me to once again sharpen my career sword and feel good about coming to work because it DOES make a difference in my life and of course the lifes of our wonderful residents! If you truely care about feeling good about what you do to make the lifes of others better, Emeritus is the place for you!

Cons

Parking can be a bit tough in the area

As we continue to grow as a corporation, NEVER loose sight of the "home town" feel and committment to enriching the lives of our Seniors. It is a value that I have seen dulled in past Corporate life and no matter how much it is glossed over, eventually it does hurt bottom line. The respect for others and genuine care that I currently experience in my workplace is one of the joys that allows me to continue to bring on my best and sharpen that dulled sword of putting up the good fight (one for all!) ensuring that we embrace each and every Senior in our care as we walk along side their journey!

Truly committed to both residents and employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A truly dedicated and caring group of people; everyone is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of seniors and in the lives of employees. The demands of personal lives are accommodated with ease -- everyone is encouraged to take care of what needs taking care of. People interested in moving up in the organizaiton are encouraged and mentored to reach their goals. Best employment experience of my life!

Cons

None that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living