Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com
  www.brookdale.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Pleasant enviroment, teams work a must, plenty of activities for the residents and family members.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Caregiver in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Enjoy assistaning the elderly in their daily activities dressing,bathing,eating and clothing.

Cons

Not enought worker @ times

Consider your hard devoted workers

280 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Awful place to work for and to have your loved ones live at.

Current Employee - Resident Assistant-CNA in Snohomish, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant-CNA in Snohomish, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing the place is awful

Cons

everything is just awful from mgmt to staff

Take a look at your staff and yourself. This company is drowning because of the people that don't care about the elderly. These people deserve the utmost respect and not be neglected. The company does not staff this building well. Many times the cottages only have one staff member per cottage but yet have 2 person assist people? How are you able to help them without having to wait for someone to come to your rescue? what about during an EMERGENCY? Is it the residents fault when census is low? Do you cut back their rent since you are decreasing staff? NO NO and NO....come on you need to care more about people and view them as Important people instead of a head in a bed....sad sad sad...

Love the people i work with and the work I do, but the cooperation exploits employees.

Current Employee - Cook in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Cook in Conway, AR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It usually takes a certain type of person to work at a senior living home; I've really enjoyed the people I work with. The residents usually make for an exciting day. It's nice to get off early (1:30p for morning shift, and 7p for night shift), relative to other cooking positions I've worked. Love the work environment. And of course, I've really enjoyed the cooking. My boss is awesome.

Cons

I speak on behalf of my co workers when I say that the pay is poor. Firing policies are poor. Very little opportunity for advancement and raises. When they do give raises, which are very rare, they are literally cents. They function on a "skeleton shift", meaning they only employ the minimum amount of people it takes to cover all the shifts. Being called in on your days off is not uncommon.

Directed towards the Emeritus Coorperation, and not the manager of the home that i work at : Taking care of your employees will increase the quality of care for the residents.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living