Emeritus Senior Living
www.emeritus.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Love the people i work with and the work I do, but the cooperation exploits employees.

Cook (Current Employee)
Conway, AR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for less than a year

ProsIt usually takes a certain type of person to work at a senior living home; I've really enjoyed the people I work with. The residents usually make for an exciting day. It's nice to get off early (1:30p for morning shift, and 7p for night shift), relative to other cooking positions I've worked. Love the work environment. And of course, I've really enjoyed the cooking. My boss is awesome.

ConsI speak on behalf of my co workers when I say that the pay is poor. Firing policies are poor. Very little opportunity for advancement and raises. When they do give raises, which are very rare, they are literally cents. They function on a "skeleton shift", meaning they only employ the minimum amount of people it takes to cover all the shifts. Being called in on your days off is not uncommon.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirected towards the Emeritus Coorperation, and not the manager of the home that i work at : Taking care of your employees will increase the quality of care for the residents.

Worse company to be

CMA (Current Employee)

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros: Some nice cooworkers and residents are sweet. The food is… Cons: Poorly paid. Constant berating, they hire anybody that can breath, constant turnover, focus on money no resident care, payraises… Advice to Senior Management: They do not listen to anybody. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

review from a line employee.

Bus Driver (Former Employee)
Alhambra, CA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living part-time for more than a year

Pros: people you work for and with a pretty good. Cons: Poor senior management and poor communications. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your customers and to your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emeritus Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emeritus Senior Living CEO Granger Cobb. All reviews posted anonymously by Emeritus Senior Living employees.