There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

worked night shift - most do the laundry - med tech training, I'm a CNA, make 9.25 per hour

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time

Pros

nice facility, nice co workers, friendly residents and nice grounds.

Cons

Pay could be higher for someone trusted to dispense medicines.

Oct 10, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

We're happy to hear you enjoy the facility, your co-workers, residents, and the grounds. I've passed on your wage concerns to the appropriate people. Thank you for your review.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Emeritus is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Executive Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company focuses on quality education for their staff and makes decisions based on what is best for their residents. They allow and encourage us to reach out to seniors in our community to make sure they are safe through our "safely somewhere" program. Our "shade brigade" program provides us the opportunity to send staff out into our community to assist seniors who may be at risk for dehydration by taking them a cooler packed full of ice cold waters and other items to assist with hydration during the hot summer months. The company is always thinking of ways and equipping us with the items needed to take care of seniors not only in our company but in our local community.

Cons

It is always difficult to loose a resident that you have grown attached to.

Advice to Management

Continue to require staff to live by the Emeritus Family Values, it makes a huge difference in resident and staff satisfaction.

Jun 3, 2014Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your dedication to your residents, community, and staff!

Negative

Former Employee - Medication Technician in Commerce, GA
    Former Employee - Medication Technician in Commerce, GA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents, knowing you helped someone. I felt accomplished at the end of the day. I really truly cared for my residents.

Cons

Management is terrible. They never bothered to help you. Overworked and underappreciated employees.They would stab you in the back in a heartbeat. I never ever recommend someone working here. The pay was awful. I definitely didn't work there for the pay. Terrible company to work for. The founder should be ashamed. It's all about the money with this place. I wouldn't be surprised if someone was smuggling money.

Advice to Management

You all need training. None of you know what you're doing. I would never ever put my family member in this facility. Corporate doesn't seem to care either. I have nothing good to say, except that I loved my residents.

Nov 21, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this and for your passion for seniors. Any feedback you're able to share with us via our third party anonymous system, Ethics First would be much appreciated ... More