Bittersweet

Former Employee - AP Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - AP Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great location in downtown Seattle, monthly barbecues, Starbucks machines, free gym membership and highly discounted ORCA (public transit) card.

Cons

AP department is toxic and chaotic, with no sense of direction. Manager is inexperienced and very much a micro-manager. The people within the department try to make the best of it, but it is a sinking ship.

Look more closely at AP, particularly the AP management.

Other Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

I have learned a lot and brought a lot to my job.

Current Employee - Med Tech  in  Easley, SC
    Current Employee - Med Tech in Easley, SC

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

you get to help people, suggest different ideas, be able to be a family to the residents.

Cons

If something you don't like dealing with the family you just have to accept it there is nothing you can do. You can't just have one favorite person to love you have to love everyone the same and do the same for everyone. example buying things.

See what people would like to do or see more cater to their needs a little more

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Oct 10, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your contribution to Emeritus as a Med Tech for over three years. We appreciate your enthusiasm to work with and help better the lives of residents.

It all depends from where you look at it....

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the community level, most staff are dedicated and try to do their best with limited budgets. Emeritus hires people who care.

Cons

Staffing is at a minimum, always, no matter how high your census or how much revenue you are pulling in. Divisional VP always sending down message to put your community on a spending freeze at the end of each quarter to inflate numbers.

Emeritus would do much better if they actually used the budgets they made us prepare each year. Unlike other large A.L.'s, Emeritus refuses to give communities a clear capex budget each year, so communities become run down. Create a staffing formula and actually use it.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!