Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com
  www.brookdale.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

It all depends from where you look at it....

Current Employee - Executive Director
Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the community level, most staff are dedicated and try to do their best with limited budgets. Emeritus hires people who care.

Cons

Staffing is at a minimum, always, no matter how high your census or how much revenue you are pulling in. Divisional VP always sending down message to put your community on a spending freeze at the end of each quarter to inflate numbers.

Emeritus would do much better if they actually used the budgets they made us prepare each year. Unlike other large A.L.'s, Emeritus refuses to give communities a clear capex budget each year, so communities become run down. Create a staffing formula and actually use it.

277 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Receptionist

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love our residents! They are the reason that I come to work. The ONLY reason. Wish their were enough hours granted from corporate to provide them the care that they deserve...and are paying for but not getting!

Cons

Absolutely the WORST place I have EVER worked for!!! Interview and orientation was VERY misleading as to what the company REALLY promises. Have been told to lie to an "adult and aging" investigator" when he came in and was "reprimanded" because I disclosed information to him. ALOT of sugar coating in the office. Management is HORRIBLE. One acts like a a military sargent and one I rarely there! Monies allotted from the company for business expenditures are not used for the business. have been there only one year and already looking for an HONEST place to work. Beware if they hire you at full time and paid holidays. What that mean is your hours can be cut WITHOUT notice to 30 per week (they tell you that AFTER you are hired. And you work EVERY holiday if it falls on your regular work days. Again, explaining that AFTER you are hired. Horrible horrible horrible place to work. Their family is NOT committed to yours...it's all about the money!!! They hate taking medicare residents at 1500.00 a month and have refused destitute seniors in order to hold a room open for potential private pay at 3500.00 to 5000.00 a month. The crew I work with is skeletal and we are all going BROKE and because of that, our residents needs are NOT being met. Not enough houra to care for them and keep their rooms clean. Our facility is a PIG STY and so are the residents rooms because of EMERITUS cutbacks. HATE THE PLACE!!!!!!! Greedy thieves!!!!

Quit treating your employees like slaves and give us respect and a descent wage and hours!!!!

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Nov 19, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

We appreciate all the detail you put into your review. We strive to continually improve upon and strengthen our resident care, teamwork, and business practices and your feedback is important to ... More

Very Dissatisified

Former Employee - Business Office Director in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Business Office Director in Portland, OR

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The residents are amazing and full of wonderful stories and knowledge.

Cons

VERY LOW PAY!!! Regional and Corporate Management are only interested in their bonus and salary. The company motto should be "Whatever it takes to get the room filled without care of what is best for the senior or the community" The company takes good caring staff and drains them until they have nothing left to offer. They over work all staff and only want to give a small 2% raise (which is almost nothing when considering the low wages).

Follow your own "Family Values"

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Nov 19, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

I've passed these serious concerns on to the appropriate people to be looked in to. I highly encourage you to also share this information with our third party anonymous system, Ethics First so that ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living