Great place to work

Current Employee - Certified Dietary Supervisor in Northridge, CA
Current Employee - Certified Dietary Supervisor in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, supportive and helpful co-workers. Pleasant environment. Competitive salary and benefits. Room for growth. ED is supportive, accommodating and allows for creative input.

Cons

Skilled nursing department is unorganized and needs improvement. It would be nice to have more vacation. One week after the first year is not enough.

Jun 3, 2014 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We're glad to know you're enjoying your job overall but if you have any other comments, questions, or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to Ethics ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Great on the surface

Former Employee - Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful views of Puget Sound from the building, monthly get togethers for the head office, casual environment, fun colleagues.

Cons

Low pay, strict monitoring of check in/out times, location is far from a good variety of food.

Oct 10, 2013 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear you enjoy the environment for the most part, but we do recognize some your concerns and issues.

Best Job I've Ever Had

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first position at an Assisted Living company and I never want to leave! I have met some of the most positive, intelligent people and I finally feel like I am a part of something bigger. Employees work here because they have a passion for seniors and caring for others - this is so refreshing compared to other industries that I have worked for. My team has been so supportive and I feel that I have the autonomy to make creative decisions that positively affect our employees and residents.

Cons

Emeritus is such a large company and I have heard that other employees have not had the same experience that I have had, so I just wish that my positive experience could be everyone's experience regardless of position or location. Consistency in company culture is hard to regulate, but starts with passionate and supportive leadership, which I know we have at the higher level...it just needs to be consistent at the community level.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees.

Oct 10, 2013 – Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your strong passion to help seniors and care for others. You are certainly in the right industry.