There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Great on the surface

Former Employee - Coordinator in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful views of Puget Sound from the building, monthly get togethers for the head office, casual environment, fun colleagues.

Cons

Low pay, strict monitoring of check in/out times, location is far from a good variety of food.

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Oct 10, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear you enjoy the environment for the most part, but we do recognize some your concerns and issues.

265 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Best Job I've Ever Had

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is my first position at an Assisted Living company and I never want to leave! I have met some of the most positive, intelligent people and I finally feel like I am a part of something bigger. Employees work here because they have a passion for seniors and caring for others - this is so refreshing compared to other industries that I have worked for. My team has been so supportive and I feel that I have the autonomy to make creative decisions that positively affect our employees and residents.

Cons

Emeritus is such a large company and I have heard that other employees have not had the same experience that I have had, so I just wish that my positive experience could be everyone's experience regardless of position or location. Consistency in company culture is hard to regulate, but starts with passionate and supportive leadership, which I know we have at the higher level...it just needs to be consistent at the community level.

Continue to invest in employees.

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Oct 10, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your strong passion to help seniors and care for others. You are certainly in the right industry.

Life Enrichment Assistant

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seniors and their life stories.

Cons

Too much politics. Departments needs to ACTUALLY work together rather then just point their fingers at one particular department.

Don't get blindsided by favoritism and treat all subordinates with equality. Transparency with all managers to help alleviate some of the confusions.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living