There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Started great but is going down hill fast

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the residents and my co-workers i.e. med techs and resident assistants and coordinators and kitchen staff. Everyday brings something new to the table. Some good and some bad in (my opinion) but the people I with and the residents make it worth while to work with this company.

Cons

I feel that at this point this company cares more about making money then its employees. We are told by management to work overtime or double shift only to get reprimanded later for the overtime you were told to do. Management (I'm not gonna mention which one) openly call the entire floor staff "incompetent" and "none of the staff here stand out to him/her" after asking us for help for giving care to the managers loved one and staff saying no being it is uncomfortable to them. The company is going to a 4 on 2 off schedule for RA and med tech only. During our all staff meeting we brought our questions and concerns there being some will have trouble with child care or are in school or will have trouble paying bills being you will either work 9 days or 11 days and the floor staff average $9.50 and hour. This is what we were told to solve these issues:1. Get another babysitter. Child care is not a legitimate reason to not come to work. 2. As far as school goes your primary concern should be getting to work if you miss school oh well. 3. It comes down to one thing. Learn to budget your money and get over it. You also will not get a full 8 hrs a day. On a normal day as a resident assistant you will get 7.5 hours a day so that needs to be addressed. Better pay could help also. The staff are having to take on more and more responsibilities and do jobs of other departments and not being compensated for it and then being reprimanded for not getting your assigned work done.

I feel that at the "corporate level" things are great, however, at the community level we need help. if you want loyal and long term staff and a happy staff we need to have people that care about both the residents and staff. Right now this does not seem to be the case. It seems that earning a profit is more important then earning the love and respect from staff and residents. The fact is things are becoming harder on our floor staff mentally, physically and financially. If we can at least show we are trying to make improvements in these areas for floor staff and management alike it will make a world of difference. Remember it is the staff that has first hand experience with the company and are your greatest asset for PR.

Nov 19, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your review. We strive to continually improve upon and strengthen our resident care, teamwork, and business practices and your feedback is very important in achieving that. I encourage ... More

261 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Think it could be better

Current Employee - Resident Aide  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Resident Aide in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have pretty good benfits

Cons

They are allways cutting in places were they need it the most. upper job positions do not get affected in the places there selfs. and they expect you to do more work and work in other jobs in the facilty. making other areas short just so they can make it seem like they got enough help and they work being short till they even get shorter becase people just end up finding different jobs.

I think when you start cutting and putting more work on the staff you should really make sure it can be done because in the long run you loose good help and the residents get left out.And if you can not do it yourself how can you think the staff in lower positons can do it.

Nov 19, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

We appreciate the work you're doing for our residents as a Resident Assistant in Fredericksburg and your feedback is valuable to us. Any feedback you can share directly with us at Ethics First would ... More

I have worked at Emeritus Senior Living for almost a year. I love the seniors and my daily work responsibilities.I workr

Current Employee - Housekeeping  in  Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Towson, MD

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

My team and I practice teamwork. And my supervisor is awesome!

Cons

Pay rate and not enough work shirts

Listen more to employee problems and more employee appreciation

Oct 10, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

We're happy to hear you love working with seniors, your team, and supervisor. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts on your pay and work shifts. I will forward this information on to the ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!