Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

I love my job. Taking care of our residents is our #1 goal.

Current Employee - CRD in Hattiesburg, MS
Current Employee - CRD in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Never a hesitation to getup and go in the morning. We have a great team.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long but worth it.

Keep putting the residents first.

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Jun 3, 2014Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your review!

301 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Unethical Greedy Company

Former Employee - Executive Director in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary and good people to work with daily at the individual property level.

Cons

This is a national company on the stock market. They expect sales, sales, sales on a weekly basis and to boost profits any way possible. I was an Executive Director and could only tolerate their practices for 2 months before I quit. You are monitored by a regional team of directors who can come in and manage your property over you at any time if they think you are doing something that could affect them getting their bonuses. They do not value customers or residents at an individual level, only what they can make off of them. It was an ethical nightmare and I would not place my family member in this profit-driven atmosphere. If you are unsure, just look at their turnover rate for management in your local paper. Make sure you research this company well before you get on board.

Your business practices are unethical and you can still be a profitable company if you remember that healthcare can make money while still providing excellent care. The greed of the upper management and those at regional levels for big bucks should be investigated further than the PBS investigative report done in 2013 exposing the "shut the back door" business model to ensure you squeeze every resident for cash. These are humans....

too much management turnover

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Front end staff was excellent. They were there for the residents. I found the PCA's to be advocating for the residents while trying to stay within the company guidelines.

Cons

Executive director was inexperienced and unprofessional. Management staff turnover was remarkable yet there never appeared to be research for the reason for such turnover.

Regional management needs to learn why the employees are leaving the same communities. Every professional wants to learn how to improve their skill. There is not enough support for the management team and inexperienced executive directors who have nothing to offer the management team are a waste of money.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living