Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com

Sinking of the Titanic has begun

Current Employee - Executive Director  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Executive Director in Seattle, WA

Pros

Residents, staff who care about residents, paycheck.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. No comp time even when you work 7days a week 70-80hrs each week. Pays on very low end not competitive. Only focus is revenue/occupancy not resident care or taking care of employees. Greedy power hungry upper level management who operate by threats and fear of losing your job. VP constantly saying "I am done with you having 1 to 2 vacant apartments each month" Company culture has changed drastically in last few years. Worse after Frontline story aired. Frontline care staff hours cut to the bare bone, budget cuts, no investing back into communities. It seems company is in big trouble.

Ask yourselves is this truly the legacy you want to be known for? Don't ask yourselves in the boardroom, but ask yourself this at night when you lay your head down on your pillow.

Other reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

it is a crap show

Pros

the residents I guess. no one else makes that place worth a darn.

Cons

everything, the pay, lack of professionalism, no concern for their seniors, nursing director does not even know how to type up a darn schedule- she claims to be so smart but yet, she cannot even get herself together. place is going down hill fast.

hire competent people, stop hiring managers that are not qualified.

Has to be the worst company to work for EVER!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Director Community Level
    Current Employee - Anonymous Director Community Level

Pros

Of course the residents and some of your co-workers on the community level

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE-
    Take a look at the turnover....

Divisional and Regional's need to learn how to motivate and manage. All they know how to do is DEMOTIVATE and MICROMANAGE...... They Drain your energy, and don't have a clue how to treat professionals because they are not the least bit professional themselves. Maybe you big corporate VP's should listen to some of these conference calls they love to hold... the brow beating and the way they belittle and try to shame employees is sickening... or maybe this is how you too manage people... I'm not sure. BUT don't you ever wonder why there is such high turnover in YOUR communities??? I can't imagine this is good for business and certainly isn't good for your profits- I'm no genius but after the Frontline story you would think you might try something different ?
    But hey I'm just one of your anonymous email employees at the community level what do I know!!!! Oh and BTW...... yes I'm seeking other employment... as fast as I can- as are the other directors

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!