Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com

This company is just a complete joke!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

The residents themselves...they are the only reason I stay dedicated to my job.

The benefits are o.k., at least they are an option as some companies do not even offer this.

Cons

Gee, where do I start. The management definitely does not live by the company's "mission statement" and their bottom line is all about money. Also, cheating employees out of their pay by constantly cutting back everyone's hours for instance, forcing some to take 45 minute breaks is ridiculous and wrong. The management is constantly scrambling to get things done at the last minute and the lack of communication is just unbelievable. I feel like I am going to kindergarten everyday I walk into work.

If you are going dictate rules and regulations you need to apply the rules to everyone. When you don't enforce rules and it is all talk and speculation it produces employees who could care less about their job.

Other reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

"it's impossible to feel appreciated working for emeritus, they work you to burn out and do not compensate with salary"

Current Employee - Med Tech  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Med Tech in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

really just for the residents you encounter, they are what keeps me working at this facility

Cons

the pay is not competitive with other facilities in the area, senior management is awful and if you have a problem at work nobody helps you fix it.. being a part of the nursing staff, we have no such thig as team work and are rarely recognized for what we do. also the benefits package is a joke and its impossible to see a raise in pay.

to take more problems seriously and step up and deal with some of the issues with families that nursing is not qualified to handle such as finances, and also to support staff and honor them.

Emeritus in walnut, ca is not a good place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Walnut, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

Pros

Because it is on top 3 long term care company..

Cons

Management...they never acknowledge their employees especially who's been working there for more than 10 years. They are very unprofessional and doesn't really care with their residents. All they care about is how to market and income. They don't help their employees to learn like giving trainings for the betterment of the employee, customers for better service, and the company itself. There's no room for growth. They don't give opportunities to grow..unlike to the other community in northern California.

Train the management staff in each communities. Do not put any politics. Be more professional and separate your personal life or employees personal life at work.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!