Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Emeritus vs Brookdale

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, nice facility, team approach to caring for the elderly

Cons

I work for both Emeritus and Brookdale and I find my work experience at Emeritus far superior to Brookdale. The Emeritus facility fosters team work and caring; the Brookdale situation is all about intimidation, threats and the profit margin. Emeritus respects the professional's opinions and recommendations; Brookdale does not. Right now, I really dread having Brookdale take over Emeritus operations. Could be my work situations are isolated instances; and, it depends on the bonus structure and who is more aggressive about obtaining it.

Do away with the bonuses because it breeds dishonesty and contempt in an industry geared to caring for the elderly.

301 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Provide assisted living for elderly with dignity but the financial bottom line becomes more important at times.

Former Employee - Business Office Director in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Business Office Director in El Paso, TX

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working to provide the elderly a proper living community when they are not able to live alone is very rewarding. Serving interesting individuals from all walks of life as well as managing a dedicated group of employees.

Cons

Paperwork and staff meetings keep from serving ones who need your assistance. Constant reminders to push for meeting or exceeding resident quotas.

Never loose sight of the employees who work hard to maintain an assisted living facility the way it should be. Impeccable.

Absolutely loved my residents!

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Loved my residents more than the world itself, always have and always will.

Cons

Low pay for the amount of experience and education that I have. Management wasn't the greatest. Very inconsistent hours.

Not here to complain because it could have been worse, but actually attempt to show appreciation for your employees. I have been a part of Athena and Emeritus and I must honestly say Athena showed much more appreciation for their employees. Good day.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living