Emeritus Senior Living

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

loved my residents

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

residents loved me, staff was nice and caring, rewarding job, I felt like I made a difference in someone life

Cons

low pay, low budget, had to bring in my own materials to get my job done and corporate new about it and did nothing,not enough hours to get your job done

Jun 3, 2014Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's great to hear that you thought working with the residents was rewarding. Please feel free to share any information and feedback with Ethics First (where you ... More

301 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Management is unprofessional and with priorities not based around patient care, but based around making $$

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Dimas, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time

Pros

The licensed nurses and CNAs are amazing, a great group of people that care about their patients. Work environment is clean and the facility is beautiful.

Cons

Management FORBIDS any kind of overtime, you get written up even if you do 30 minutes overtime no matter the situation. Staff turnover is really high, very difficult to call out sick, staff have been told they cannot call out sick because there is no one to cover. Very toxic work environment from the management.

Get priorities straight, as a licensed nurse you can also help on the floor if need be, allot overtime if you want to provide optimum care, get adequate staff so that if someone calls off it isnt complete chaos.

Jun 3, 2014Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to share it with us through Ethics First. You can find a link to Ethics First on the Emeritus Glassdoor page under "Emeritus ... More

Worst foodservice job to my experience!

Former Employee - Wait Staff in Jensen Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Wait Staff in Jensen Beach, FL

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Any non-seasonal service job in south Florida is not to be overlooked. I wouldn't have had to worry about losing hours during the low season.

The company made an effort to provide events for the residents (happy hour, etc) which resulted in more hours for waitstaff.

Cons

High turnover for employees and management contributed to a lack of supervision in my department (dining room services.) The employees who stuck around made their own schedules, showing up late or not at all, leaving the rest of us to work short every shift. Residents grew frustrated as the servers spread themselves thin trying to accommodate everyone. Management did nothing in the way of disciplinary action, so this behavior was permitted and therefore promoted.

Our establishment was ill-equipped to accommodate gluten-free diets, but decided to take on a resident who needed this diet anyway. Her children were then tasked to bring in bread and pasta so that she was able to eat. Unacceptable for a company that is supposed to be caring for her.

Server pay was an insult. I found out after training new hires for over a month that they started and kept a higher rate of pay than I had. Upon bringing this to my supervisor's attention and requesting a raise, I was brushed off. If you were lucky enough to be approved for a raise upon a good performance review, you wouldn't receive more than 10 cents. In addition, the director responsible for our branch's payroll was caught skimming hours off of workers' paychecks. This person is still employed by the company.

What events the company planned for its residents were dull and ultimately bored them. A building full of bored and frustrated residents lowered the morale of employees and led to a vicious cycle.

Do not leave the training of new hires solely to other waitstaff. This results in conflicting information and the new hire is more likely to learn lazy shortcuts than what is actually supposed to be done.

If workers are showing problematic behavior, actually discipline them instead of leaving everyone else to pick up their slack.

Good workers should be recognized for their hard work. Period.

Jun 3, 2014Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for the time you took to write this review. We would like to learn more about your experience, so please consider contacting us through Ethics First (were you can choose to remain anonymous ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living