I believe they walk the walk and talk the talk.

Current Employee - Executive Director  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Executive Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health and family focused culture. I always had fun, felt supported and learned quite a bit. Upper management was approachable. Never felt and us vs. them mentality. Not a lot of turnover in upper management in my region at least, a lot of longevity. Their Join Their Journey Memory care approach is likely the best in the industry in my opinion.

Cons

Some of their buildings are older and could use some extra $$ put into them. The company is huge so easy to get lost in the system if you allow it. Recent sale to Brookdale is disappointing. Lots of travel for trainings that could have been done via conf call or webinar, appeared to be wasteful.

none

Other Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Great growth opportunities... but sold to Brookdale Senior Living

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture! Emeritus has been a wonderful company to work for - they are supportive and encouraging of growth.

Cons

Pay. You have to love what you do to work at Emeritus (or in the senior living industry in general). Its a matter of the heart, not a matter of the wallet.

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Jun 19, 2014Recruiting Project Specialist

We appreciate your review and are glad to hear you're enjoying the culture and growth opportunities at the Seattle Office. Thank you for your feedback.

Life and Death in Emeritus Assisted Living is true.

Current Employee - Slave  in  Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Slave in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seniors and Co workers. Good parking close to building.

Cons

Upper management, regional teams and divisional team and above are greedy money Grubbers who don't really care about residents or employees doing the real work. Entire focus is on occupancy and money. They force everyone to be a sales person all the way down to maintenance man. They train everyone to be slick sales people pretending to care and saying all the right things. Turnover of sales Crds is ridiculous as company expects them to keep building at 100% or else. They work 7 days a week to try and do it with no comp time or money.

You will have to answer to God one day don't kid yourself you are not making a difference to anyone but your own pocket book. You will be old one day and karma will get you. Don't say to go to Ethics First as its a joke they do not help anyone. It's a system to find out who to fire for complaining and reporting issues up. I've reported many times to no avail.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!