There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

I believe they walk the walk and talk the talk.

Current Employee - Executive Director  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Executive Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health and family focused culture. I always had fun, felt supported and learned quite a bit. Upper management was approachable. Never felt and us vs. them mentality. Not a lot of turnover in upper management in my region at least, a lot of longevity. Their Join Their Journey Memory care approach is likely the best in the industry in my opinion.

Cons

Some of their buildings are older and could use some extra $$ put into them. The company is huge so easy to get lost in the system if you allow it. Recent sale to Brookdale is disappointing. Lots of travel for trainings that could have been done via conf call or webinar, appeared to be wasteful.

none

260 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Avoid Emeritus!

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

the residents

Some of the staff

Cons

Below average pay, ridiculous hours to the point of zero work life balance, ripping off the residents.

Emeritus, 2 billion dollars in debt buying more buildings, while simultaneously under staffing buildings, underpaying employees, & neglecting buildings
    Rent is raised multiple times a year but the budgets for each department declines on a regular basis. They pay more to get less. Emeritus & Brookdale both, would happily operate buildings with one caregiver if they could legally get away with it.

Go away and stop stealing from old people!

Poor work environment, overworked and underpaid, Director disconnected from staff

Former Employee - Wait Staff  in  Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Wait Staff in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living part-time

Pros

The seniors who live there are a pleasure but unfortunately they are not treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve. There are some staff members who truly care but they are under the thumbs of the supervisors who only care about getting as much work out of them with as little pay as possible.

Cons

Extremely understaffed because they can't keep employess so the ones who stay have to do thd work of 4 with little compensation and no appreciation.

Get involved with staff. Be more proactive in what is really going on with the functionality of the facility. Listen to employees! Keep the good staff members by watching and get rid of the dead weight and bad seeds.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!