Emeritus Senior Living
www.emeritus.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Exploited, taken advantage of, expected to work 7 days per week!

Community Relations Director (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsThey have an excellent national sales director. On paper, things could be great!

ConsThe company micromanages everyone including salaried professionals. They expect you to execute external marketing goals/tasks and stay out of the building to accomplish these goals, however, the internal manager expects you to be in the community all day to do internal community tasks, tours, phone calls, meetings etc. I have never worked for a company that tells you they don't believe in flex time and that your job is a 7 day per week job (after you start working of course, not during the interview!) Rather than focusing on the positive accomplishments and results of their staff, they focus on micromanaging the process. They expect you to complete forms for every phone conversation and document marketing tasks in their database. At the same time, the regional director and VP harp on you for not being out the building most of the day. They underpay their worker bees and overpay their management. Management is constantly sending out self-congratulatory emails to one another yet ignore basic courtesy and respect to their workers. Expect emails 24 hours a day from management including on Christmas! I wish I had never accepted employment here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some research...micromanagement doesn't work. It may work in the short run for your stockholders but exploited/unhappy workers and high employee turnovers will hurt you in the long run.

If You Have Good Work Ethics, Do Not Apply Here...

Resident Assistant Third Shift (Current Employee)
    Greenville, SC

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros: Company will pay benefits to full time employees only... If… Cons: if you are new to the company and you bring… Advice to Senior Management: Please honor your hard-working, loyal employees on 3rd shift. I do not sleep on the job like others and when the hard-working, loyal employee report… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros: comfortable atmosphere, managers at all levels recognize and appreciate the work you do. Company… Cons: Unless you're a nurse or accountant, there isn't much room for… Advice to Senior Management: Keep employees updated on what's going on. We started to work there… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emeritus Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emeritus Senior Living CEO Granger Cobb. All reviews posted anonymously by Emeritus Senior Living employees.