There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Exploited, taken advantage of, expected to work 7 days per week!

Former Employee - Community Relations Director  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Community Relations Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

They have an excellent national sales director. On paper, things could be great!

Cons

The company micromanages everyone including salaried professionals. They expect you to execute external marketing goals/tasks and stay out of the building to accomplish these goals, however, the internal manager expects you to be in the community all day to do internal community tasks, tours, phone calls, meetings etc. I have never worked for a company that tells you they don't believe in flex time and that your job is a 7 day per week job (after you start working of course, not during the interview!) Rather than focusing on the positive accomplishments and results of their staff, they focus on micromanaging the process. They expect you to complete forms for every phone conversation and document marketing tasks in their database. At the same time, the regional director and VP harp on you for not being out the building most of the day. They underpay their worker bees and overpay their management. Management is constantly sending out self-congratulatory emails to one another yet ignore basic courtesy and respect to their workers. Expect emails 24 hours a day from management including on Christmas! I wish I had never accepted employment here.

Do some research...micromanagement doesn't work. It may work in the short run for your stockholders but exploited/unhappy workers and high employee turnovers will hurt you in the long run.

259 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

If You Have Good Work Ethics, Do Not Apply Here...

Current Employee - Resident Assistant Third Shift  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant Third Shift in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

Company will pay benefits to full time employees only... If you bring work ethics prepared to be ignored.

Cons

if you are new to the company and you bring work ethics prepared to be ignored, shunned.

Please honor your hard-working, loyal employees on 3rd shift. I do not sleep on the job like others and when the hard-working, loyal employee report to management prepare to be taken off the schedule completely without warning. Our elderly citizen's deserve to be respected, loved and honored you do not come to work late nights to sleep and talk on the cell phone. My motto; There is ALWAYS something to do... I was called a fool from my co-worker because I worked so hard on this $9.00 per hour job and was told by her and others "It is Not my job" to do "Extra" stuff... As long as I am on the clock for 8 hours, every job perform is my job because it is for the residence. We Work For Them!!! PERIOD!

A great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

comfortable atmosphere, managers at all levels recognize and appreciate the work you do. Company goes out of its way to provide perks for employees such as snacks and deck parties.

Cons

Unless you're a nurse or accountant, there isn't much room for advancement. Culture becoming more formal as the company gets bigger.

Keep employees updated on what's going on. We started to work there because of management's commitment to employee well-being, so make sure that remains a priority!

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!