Emerson College

www.emerson.edu
  www.emerson.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Emerson College

Emerson students are a unique, driven, intelligent bunch--loved working with them.

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Boston, MA

I worked at Emerson College as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Emerson students are very focused and passionate about their studies. Great full-time faculty to collaborate with. Great location in downtown Boston.

Cons

You can't always control when classes are scheduled. Managing student expectations can be stressful. As a teaching grad student I wasn't given faculty library privileges.

Teaching as an adjunct can be uncertain from semester to semester. My replacement was asked to teach before I was asked whether I was interested in continuing in my position, even though I had received positive reviews from students and other faculty.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Emerson College (View Most Recent)

AMAZING

Former Employee - Graduate Ambassador in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Graduate Ambassador in Boston, MA

I worked at Emerson College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment is friendly and very appreciative.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Emerson.

Emerson College is a great community to work in

Former Employee - Vice President for Public Affairs in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President for Public Affairs in Boston, MA

I worked at Emerson College full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At Emerson faculty and staff work cooperatively to enhance educational opportunities and experiences for students. There is a shared sense of mission and purpose and a belief that "we are all in this together." I've worked at five colleges and universities, and Emerson is the best of the bunch in terms of the work environment and ethic.

Cons

If you are not interested in communications and the arts, Emerson may not be the best fit for you. There's a certain quirkiness to some aspects of the college and the way things are done. There is also a bit of insularity in some quarters and a notion that thing have to done "the Emerson way."

There is significant room for improvement in the operation of the Human Resources Department and in providing opportunities and venues to facilitate informal faculty-staff interaction, especially given that Emerson most live a significant distance from campus.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson College