There are newer employer reviews for Emerson Process Management

Sourcing Manager

Current Employee - Sourcing Manager  in  Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Emerson Process Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong business performance and internal processes

Cons

Ultra conservative and high intensity work environment

Invest more aggressively in growing businesses and don't stay so myoptic to e-sourcing

262 Other Employee Reviews for Emerson Process Management (View Most Recent)

Good starting spot

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

Being in finance I get a lot of exposure that I simply probably wouldn't see at other companies. I interact daily with the CFO as a entry level analyst and constant support of president and other VPs. I think the experience here early in my career will be extremely beneficial later on.

Job security is another plus.

Cons

Old school company, pay below average.. Don't ever expect more than 5% raises and 2-3% for annual increases. Frustrating knowing I could switch companies and make substantially more.

Depends on your area of work

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Emerson Process Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Micro Motion is a very solid company to work for with consistent business in a growing field. They stress a employee centered work environment, however depending on your department this may not quite hold water. It depends on the department you work for, but some seem to have consistently happy people and strike a great work life balance. This seems particularly true for Marketing and Engineering since they often can focus on long term goals.....

Cons

However the people who work in Operations and Sales seem to have a much tougher time due to the constant prioritization of End of Month and short-term goals over the big picture. This is especially true of jobs within the Inside Sales group (The CSC), which despite having some fantastic people, seems to always be understaffed, under trained and generally stressed out. In addition it seems well known across the company that these problems exist, but there seems to be little interaction from HR and leadership on actually trying to fix the underlying issues, especially related to staffing.

Stop spending so much time staring at the monthly goals and minimizing costs and try to figure out how to grow the company over the next 5 years. The direction that comes down from up high always feels so short sighted and it seems to be getting worse by the day. Micro Motion has a great business and tons of opportunity but it seems to spend too much time focused on next weeks goal.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson Process Management

Worked for Emerson Process Management? Contribute to the Community!