Emerson

www.emerson.com
  www.emerson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

I want to be above average worker. I want above average pay and bonus.

Current Employee - Feid Engineer
Current Employee - Feid Engineer

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

Employee Morale/Recognition & Feed back

Cons

They allways say they pay average. Do not post pay grades and what you need to advance.

Communication: All pay grades and is there a limit to how many employee's in pay grades.

183 Other Employee Reviews for Emerson (View Most Recent)

Will ClosetMaid Chino be here this time next year?

Current Employee - Employee in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in Chino, CA

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

Work schedule, don't have to commute at rush hour. Many opportunities are available for those who can break through the barriers of the old department managers.

Cons

Outdated manufacturing philosophy in this facility. Lack of standardized procedures and practices, it appears there are changes on the horizon. Could be an uncomfortable working environment as some of the old dogs try to learn new tricks.

Train the management and the employees on how they can best serve the company in their respective positions. The people closest to the job know what the problems are and frequently have the solutions but no way to effectively bring about change.

With regards to how Rob Clements is leading ClosetMaid, I have not formed an opinion one way or another. I don't know what type of goals and objectives he has set for the company or what he is trying to do.

Need for cohesiveness

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

Large global organization with many dimensions and a lot of talented people.

Cons

Since it's such a large organization that's grown through many acquisitions it's very fragmented. Can be very challenging to work with all the division's in productive manner. Very few people are aware all the organizations capablities.

Recommend restructuring and consolidating sales force. Look into acquiring LBP and or letting qualified LBP's absorb direct channel. Some divisions (e.g. Fisher) have too much imbreeding, reccommend more cross divisional training/pollenation is neeeded (GE has a good model). Very few people are aware entire orgnanizations capabilites. Reccemond nominating local Account Lead's for large key and strategic accounts so there is a well coordintated effort that has a higher return for both the customer and Emerson and allows for better penetration of account.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson