Emerson

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

It's a very relaxed atmosphere. It's family oriented even though it is a larger company. I believe it is a good, stable company that has decent security. The pension plan is pretty decent and the 401k is of. The 401k plan is a variable plan that is based on company performance. It ranges from 25-75%. Communications are quarterly and helpful to know the business climate.

Cons

No bonus structure for directors on down. They are very strict on giving out 3 weeks of vacation to new employees. They could do a better job in offering more vacation coming in the door. It takes 10 years to get to 3 weeks.

Bonus structure would help improve performance of employees...

183 Other Employee Reviews for Emerson (View Most Recent)

I want to be above average worker. I want above average pay and bonus.

Current Employee - Feid Engineer
    Current Employee - Feid Engineer

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

Employee Morale/Recognition & Feed back

Cons

They allways say they pay average. Do not post pay grades and what you need to advance.

Communication: All pay grades and is there a limit to how many employee's in pay grades.

Will ClosetMaid Chino be here this time next year?

Current Employee - Employee in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in Chino, CA

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

Work schedule, don't have to commute at rush hour. Many opportunities are available for those who can break through the barriers of the old department managers.

Cons

Outdated manufacturing philosophy in this facility. Lack of standardized procedures and practices, it appears there are changes on the horizon. Could be an uncomfortable working environment as some of the old dogs try to learn new tricks.

Train the management and the employees on how they can best serve the company in their respective positions. The people closest to the job know what the problems are and frequently have the solutions but no way to effectively bring about change.

With regards to how Rob Clements is leading ClosetMaid, I have not formed an opinion one way or another. I don't know what type of goals and objectives he has set for the company or what he is trying to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson