Emerson

www.emerson.com

I appreciate your steady hand, but some of the messages are not implemented at the bottom.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great technology and products. Low churn rate. Co-worker knowledge and teamwork is great due to so many old timer 20-30 year employees.

Cons

Not much movement, since no-one leaves. Pay is low. Smart ambitious people cannot get ahead. Your promotions and authority are determined by with which site you are in, rather than your skills.

I think they are doing a great job of getting the most out of people for the least amount of pay. From that perspective, they are doing great. I own enough stock so I benefit from both sides.

Other reviews for Emerson

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

It's a very relaxed atmosphere. It's family oriented even though it is a larger company. I believe it is a good, stable company that has decent security. The pension plan is pretty decent and the 401k is of. The 401k plan is a variable plan that is based on company performance. It ranges from 25-75%. Communications are quarterly and helpful to know the business climate.

Cons

No bonus structure for directors on down. They are very strict on giving out 3 weeks of vacation to new employees. They could do a better job in offering more vacation coming in the door. It takes 10 years to get to 3 weeks.

Bonus structure would help improve performance of employees...

I want to be above average worker. I want above average pay and bonus.

Current Employee - Feid Engineer
    Current Employee - Feid Engineer

Pros

Employee Morale/Recognition & Feed back

Cons

They allways say they pay average. Do not post pay grades and what you need to advance.

Communication: All pay grades and is there a limit to how many employee's in pay grades.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson.

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!