There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

I appreciate your steady hand, but some of the messages are not implemented at the bottom.

Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

Great technology and products. Low churn rate. Co-worker knowledge and teamwork is great due to so many old timer 20-30 year employees.

Cons

Not much movement, since no-one leaves. Pay is low. Smart ambitious people cannot get ahead. Your promotions and authority are determined by with which site you are in, rather than your skills.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing a great job of getting the most out of people for the least amount of pay. From that perspective, they are doing great. I own enough stock so I benefit from both sides.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

It's a very relaxed atmosphere. It's family oriented even though it is a larger company. I believe it is a good, stable company that has decent security. The pension plan is pretty decent and the 401k is of. The 401k plan is a variable plan that is based on company performance. It ranges from 25-75%. Communications are quarterly and helpful to know the business climate.

Cons

No bonus structure for directors on down. They are very strict on giving out 3 weeks of vacation to new employees. They could do a better job in offering more vacation coming in the door. It takes 10 years to get to 3 weeks.

Advice to Management

Bonus structure would help improve performance of employees...

2. I want to be above average worker. I want above average pay and bonus.

Current Employee - Feid Engineer
    Current Employee - Feid Engineer

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

Employee Morale/Recognition & Feed back

Cons

They allways say they pay average. Do not post pay grades and what you need to advance.

Advice to Management

Communication: All pay grades and is there a limit to how many employee's in pay grades.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson