There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

Review about Daniel measurements and control

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Houston, TX
Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Emerson as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company for an intern to work with.. Excellent work culture in the company that no company can offer..

Cons

No major complaints, they could add some more activities to the work calender.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Emerson Network Power - Field Services

Current Employee - Senior Customer Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Engineer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Emerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We'll the job is not typical, you work of your own and client schedules which makes scheduling person events somewhat easy, but at the same time it can come back and bite you in the butt. The company itself is very strong and they are profitable. I have only seen one person let go in my district and if your a good hard worker you have no worries. They supply you with everything you need, and they have a good handle on the company and do an okay at supporting the fields needs. Steady work Guaranteed salary plus OT Company Vehicle and tools paid for Good technical resources

Cons

The job requires a lot of on-call and weekend / night work. Even though there is an on-call schedule you're probably working a lot in the busy season. Not that this is bad but when your working 16 hours a day on weekends at large client sites and still have your normal schedule it can be rough. A lot of weeks go by where you're at work and life is passing you. Hopefully they can manage this with optimized scheduling which has seemed to failed. I have gone 30 days without a day off and 12 weeks in a row with weekend work, it can be rough. Your on-call 1-2 times a month, which means you really cant do anything. As soon as you do the pager goes off. It's the law of Liebert. In comparison to Powerware or MGE our Salery is low, when you see what they charge per hour VS what you make it make you feel unappreciated. The health benefits are absolutely horrible. Each year the out of pocket deductible, co-pay and percentage goes up. The co=pay is now 35 dollars and they only cover 70% after you meet you deductible. So hope you never get sick or hurt because you would be better of on Medicaid. They only offer one plan with a self, family or child option. You cant buy up for better coverage, and not to mention it is already expensive. STD benefits are low, and the buy up only brings you to 60% of your salary. You need to take your work home with you, every night completing reports, answering and reading the overload of email, performing countless online training assignment, expense reports. Some days there is not enough time to get this done but you still have to. Company is outsourcing heavy. The CRC, Parts, and even processing departments are in the Philippians. And not to mention our parts are made all over the world so when small third world island suffers a disaster it's ripples are huge. Other outsourced items are parts and UPS system made in China in Mexico.

Advice to Management

Please become more competitive with salary, and please offer options to increase medical benefits. I would gladly pay more out of paycheck for that security.

I worked there for forty years, and found it to be an excellent company to be associated with.

Former Employee - Quality Department in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Department in McKinney, TX

I worked at Emerson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working conditions are excellent Safety Advancement Vacation Friendly work environment Open door policies

Cons

McKinney location, I had to commute.

Advice to Management

Move manufacturing back to the United States.