Emerson
www.emerson.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Solid company, generally stress free job, a chance to choose your own path within the company.

Master Production Schedular (Current Employee)
Chanhassen, MN

ProsThe company respects employees work life balance. Generally 40 hour work weeks are the norm with 50 or more during crunch seasons. There is a lot of room within the job descriptions to take on your own projects and build a niche for yourself. The job gives you time to go above and beyond.

ConsWhen you tell people you work for Emerson Process Management, they usually ask who that is. When you try to explain what they are and what they do. It just leaves them more confused. The answer: "They make industrial measuring devices" doesn't help much. The Chanhassen HQ is out on the edge of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. Urban types won't be thrilled about the location.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. I think they have a great senior management team that know the industry and are keeping the company on the right track.

Stodgy Emerson is a Safe Bet.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Emerson

Pros: It is a stable job environment. Cons: Top management is very competent but there's a big layer of middle… Advice to Senior Management: Look to your middle managers. What is the value they… More

It's just a job.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Harmans, MD

I have been working at Emerson

Pros: It's a place to work, and sometimes you feel good… Cons: It's a job, it can be a career, but it's just a job. Also, none of the managers seem to care when you're doing… Advice to Senior Management: I mentioned this when I first came to the company. There's no effort to build a family within the company. When I go… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emerson.

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emerson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emerson CEO David N. Farr. All reviews posted anonymously by Emerson employees.