Emerson

www.emerson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

Solid company, generally stress free job, a chance to choose your own path within the company.

Current Employee - Master Production Schedular in Chanhassen, MN
Current Employee - Master Production Schedular in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

The company respects employees work life balance. Generally 40 hour work weeks are the norm with 50 or more during crunch seasons. There is a lot of room within the job descriptions to take on your own projects and build a niche for yourself. The job gives you time to go above and beyond.

Cons

When you tell people you work for Emerson Process Management, they usually ask who that is. When you try to explain what they are and what they do. It just leaves them more confused. The answer: "They make industrial measuring devices" doesn't help much. The Chanhassen HQ is out on the edge of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. Urban types won't be thrilled about the location.

Keep doing what you're doing. I think they have a great senior management team that know the industry and are keeping the company on the right track.

192 Other Employee Reviews for Emerson (View Most Recent)

Stodgy Emerson is a Safe Bet.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

It is a stable job environment.

Cons

Top management is very competent but there's a big layer of middle management that is totally clueless. And they coast by, year in, year out.

Look to your middle managers. What is the value they are bringing to Emerson?

It's just a job.

Current Employee - Engineer in Harmans, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Harmans, MD

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

It's a place to work, and sometimes you feel good when you help a customer.

Cons

It's a job, it can be a career, but it's just a job. Also, none of the managers seem to care when you're doing well. They only care when something bad is happening. I've been used as a scapegoat, when I was forced to make a decision because my manager wouldn't. If I cared more about my job, I may be pissed.

I mentioned this when I first came to the company. There's no effort to build a family within the company. When I go to work I'de like to want to see the people I work with, but that's not how it is. Also it would be nice to get some positive feedback when a good job is being done.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson