Emerson

www.emerson.com
  www.emerson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

Stodgy Emerson is a Safe Bet.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

It is a stable job environment.

Cons

Top management is very competent but there's a big layer of middle management that is totally clueless. And they coast by, year in, year out.

Look to your middle managers. What is the value they are bringing to Emerson?

183 Other Employee Reviews for Emerson (View Most Recent)

It's just a job.

Current Employee - Engineer in Harmans, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Harmans, MD

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

It's a place to work, and sometimes you feel good when you help a customer.

Cons

It's a job, it can be a career, but it's just a job. Also, none of the managers seem to care when you're doing well. They only care when something bad is happening. I've been used as a scapegoat, when I was forced to make a decision because my manager wouldn't. If I cared more about my job, I may be pissed.

I mentioned this when I first came to the company. There's no effort to build a family within the company. When I go to work I'de like to want to see the people I work with, but that's not how it is. Also it would be nice to get some positive feedback when a good job is being done.

I appreciate your steady hand, but some of the messages are not implemented at the bottom.

Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Emerson

Pros

Great technology and products. Low churn rate. Co-worker knowledge and teamwork is great due to so many old timer 20-30 year employees.

Cons

Not much movement, since no-one leaves. Pay is low. Smart ambitious people cannot get ahead. Your promotions and authority are determined by with which site you are in, rather than your skills.

I think they are doing a great job of getting the most out of people for the least amount of pay. From that perspective, they are doing great. I own enough stock so I benefit from both sides.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerson