Emerson
www.emerson.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Emerson is big, global and diverse with good job opportunities for motivated people.

Executive Level (Current Employee)

ProsStable, smart management who run the company's diverse business platforms through management processes developed and improved over decades. Politics are minimal.

ConsCan be slow to change. Sometimes can be too conservative. Some business platforms are much more progressive than others. Compensation and benefit levels are generally competitive, and the company focuses on rentention through career opportunity, good management and communication rather than being the top payer in any given location. Generally this works for them pretty well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Great company to work with

IT Director (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Emerson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: can enjoy stability and longevity in career Cons: lack of options for faster growth Advice to Senior Management: try to get nimble Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good people, low pay, poor benifits

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Emerson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People Growing company Nice facilities Excellent Management Cons: Poor insurance Low Pay Not much opp for advancement Advice to Senior Management: They do a wonderful job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Emerson.

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emerson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emerson CEO David N. Farr. All reviews posted anonymously by Emerson employees.