Emerson
www.emerson.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

A fortune 100 company with product influence globally.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA leader amongst all peers in electronics/electrical manufacturing. Emerson product inventories are so valuable that they are used as a key indicator for gauging the overall health of the manufacturing sector.

ConsEmerson is favoring outsourcing over domestic manufacturing which positivley affects cost of material but negatively affects lead times and finished goods quality. Lack of innovation has also hurt some divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter transparency between senior management and middle managment/field personnel. Promote communications and enhance ability between different Emerson product divisions dealing with mutual customers.

The company seems to have a lot of issues since Emerson (parent company) bought them a few years ago.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Emerson

Pros: After doing a good job I would hear from several people about their satisfaction with my work.… Cons: Management doesn't seem concerned about the employees very much just budgets and sticking to… Advice to Senior Management: It would be nice if you were honest with employees instead of shocking people with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company, but Very Very Conservative, Poor Communication, and NO Flexibility for Families

Tax Manager (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Emerson

Pros: Great company with seemingly great opportunities. Pay is good at… Cons: Very conservative and cheap. Most of management has been here 30 years and are inflexible. Little value and importance is placed on families… Advice to Senior Management: Be flexible and willing to make difficult choices. This includes firing someone who has been here 30 years and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emerson.

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emerson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emerson CEO David N. Farr. All reviews posted anonymously by Emerson employees.