There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

Great company to do your internship with

Former Intern - Project Technician in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
Former Intern - Project Technician in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at Emerson as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Salary is decent; - Pleasant working environment, the people there are friendly and helpful. Even if you don't know exactly what you have to do right away, they give you an accommodation period during which you get the chance to learn about your job duties. - Flexible working hours; - I didn't attend any training courses during my internship but new employees take a training course in DeltaV if they apply for a position in the PSS department, for example; - They offer courses for learning a new language (not for interns); - There is a cafeteria on campus where the food is relatively cheap;

Cons

- Location. It's situated outside the city limits and traveling to and from work can take about ~2 hours a day if you live near the city center; - They didn't seem to have many free "cubicles" so I had to switch desks a lot; - A lot of bureaucracy.

Other Employee Reviews for Emerson

1. The best company to date for me

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Manager in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Emerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, good people, good systems, work life balance, everyone is free to give idea and contribute to the project you are working with. Environment is great with multi- national employees working together with local employees. Chance of travel overseas and work with foreign counterparts.

Cons

Nothing cons during my stay except the retrenchments that happened from time to time in our business unit due to business situation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Good work environment small chances to grow

Current Employee - Proposal Engineer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Proposal Engineer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at Emerson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance 8 hours of work without to much stress. The sallary is given on time and indexed annualy. Some chances of visits in other countries, plants.

Cons

No career plans, jobs are ussualy taken before they are posted. No bonuses. The salary is not negotiated yearly but raised only with the inflation rate. The objectives they set are not taken into consideration for a salary raise