There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

It was pleasant, I learnt many things and I had many achievements

Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at Emerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

working for Emerson is a very good professional experience

Cons

there are not downsides of working at Emerson, I really enjoyed and it was the best professional experience for me

Advice to Management

I don t hace advice because I was very satisfied with my job, my colleagues and my managers

Other Employee Reviews for Emerson

1. A great start-up for a junior student

Former Intern - Assistant of Markeing Manager in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Former Intern - Assistant of Markeing Manager in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Emerson as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the 500 hundreds, great opportunities to study and learn.

Cons

So strictly and formal working environment

2. Good learning background as a career starting point & benefic environment towards the end of the career

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at Emerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dynamic working environment with increased learning opportunity, sustained mainly by learning on the job process (however, little or no professional trainings). The working environment is friendly, with well-educated peers, providing the opportunity to observe and interact with various business cultures. Good interaction with senior management, who usually adopt an open attitude towards ongoing processes.

Cons

Emerson structure at itself generates differences between business platforms and business units, that arise in both working requirements & expectations as well as employees’ compensation & benefits. This can and does create frustrations among employees working in a service / engineering center as Cluj office. Poor work/life balance with tremendous overtime hours. Employees in the shared services centers have to cope with the glass ceiling effect, as there are usually limited professional development opportunities. Compensation merely changes year on year, with no negotiation opportunity, regardless of the performance, which translates in unhappy employees working for several years in the company. Local administration is highly bureaucratic, while local management performs poorly in motivating and keeping the employees involved.

Advice to Management

Human capital should be of priority for the future: investing in employees’ formation and losing worthy personnel due to poor people management politics will have a negative impact in the overall perception on the company.