There are newer employer reviews for Emerson

I think it is terrible how they look to get rid of people, I know the guy who had my job before got let go for no reason

Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Racine, WI
Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Racine, WI

Pros

I feel they have a good training program. They make sure you are worth what they pay you. Which all around helps everyone.

Cons

If management doesn't like you, no matter why, you are gone. The guy who had my job last got let go for no reason at all. showed up to work one day and found out that was it, another guy has been her 20yrs and got demoted to assy. small parts now. They will do what they have to to get rid of you. My boss is a good guy, and the guy I replaced told me that as well. But if you want to work here you better fit into the click.

Advice to Management

You need to listen to the employees some times. Sometimes they don't work to par, they go from great to bad, sometimes there are things going on in their lives as well. Some go to war and come home and have to lean to deal with life again, just as an example.

Other Employee Reviews for Emerson

1. Love my job

Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Collection Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

task was easy, making sure invoices are paid on time.. and documents are complete so Payables could process payment on time.

Cons

Computation of Past due PErcentage. CIA and credits should not be included on the computation for employees personal goal.

Advice to Management

Since Customer Service is a big part on collection stuff.. we should continue our Think customer attitude. That is the greatest knowledge i learned with Emerson. =)

2. Big company with small company feel along

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Pros

Everyone know everyones name and management has an open door policy Profit sharing is GREAT - depends on company performance but it has been above 11% for the last few years and top at 15% Supportive when it comes to continual education Global company - alot of exposure

Cons

Will not fired people who are not able to do below minimum work Has to be an engineer to be in upper management Pay is about 18% below market value - they say profit sharing make it equal Can work all hours of the day depending on project since there is a lot of collaboration globally

Advice to Management

Pay people a little bit more instead of having to hire new people all the time and spending resources to train in new people