Emerson
www.emerson.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Good natured people - poor compensation

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Sidney, OH

ProsGood group of people to work with. Generally a good work environment. Very flexible as far as vacation (though limited amounts each year) and personal time. Reasonably good name recognition. Consistent year over year growth. Overall a solid company with little fear of layoffs. Great tuition reimbursement plan if you stay at the company.

ConsPoor compensation and benefits compared to other companies and it shows in the quality of some employees. Amount of vacation is low (2 weeks) and doesn't change for 10 years - how ridiculous! In the middle of nowhere. Little opportunity for advancement as an engineer other than through the normal tenured progression. Hard work is not rewarded with just compensation, only occasionally with coupons for the company store. Employees get punished for market conditions by delaying the yearly pay raises which are lousy (3% if that) in the first place. Far too many people that should be fired for poor performance, but the company can't expect much for what they offer. Some employees can be frustratingly lazy and lack motivation to complete projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward good employees. Fire or demote bad employees. Offer more vacation earlier in employee tenure. Attract high performers with better incentives.

Don't depend on keeping your job.

Worker (Current Employee)
    Paragould, AR

I have been working at Emerson

Pros: It's a job, and you have a little insurance. Cons: Benefits, what you make an hour and getting a raise, that is if you get one. You are lucky if you get one and if… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up and keep company in the U.S . We need worry about our future not… More

Good work life balance

IT Analyst I (Current Employee)
    Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at Emerson full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good work life balance. The job is not that toxic… Cons: Salary is not as high compared to other companies. Advice to Senior Management: Increase the salary of the employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emerson.

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emerson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emerson CEO David N. Farr. All reviews posted anonymously by Emerson employees.