Emigrant Bank
www.emigrant.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Mixed Feelings

New York, NY

I have been working at Emigrant Bank

ProsThere are opportunities for advancement and promotion from within, to an extent. There is a genuine sense of family because the bank is so small. The corporation feels smaller than it is, and there is a very good work-life balance for most employees.

ConsThere are many walls between departments and a lack of cohesion where there should be cooperation. Emigrant Bank is a private company, and because of this, underlying financials and institutional health are not discussed or available to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think any of the employees know the strategic direction of the bank.

Could have been better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Emigrant Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great co-workers, mostly, and family-like ties amongst the tellers. Cons: The management team can be petty at times. Cross training… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to appreciate the great workers you actually have and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Ok

Teller (Former Employee)

I worked at Emigrant Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They are flexible with their schedule Cons: There is no room for growth Advice to Senior Management: Consider higher raises for staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Emigrant Bank.

Worked for Emigrant Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emigrant Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emigrant Bank CEO Howard P. Milstein. All reviews posted anonymously by Emigrant Bank employees.