There are newer employer reviews for Emmis Communications

Review of Emmis Austin Communications

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Emmis Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great family atmosphere from those that work at the Austin Office. These are people that have been in the business a long time and they understand the way business has been done and how it's changing.

Cons

The ceiling can be low on moving up. Not every manager has your best interest in mind.

When 10 employees leave under one manager, you might have a bigger issue to look at.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Emmis Communications (View Most Recent)

It's OK

Current Employee - Continuity Director  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Continuity Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Emmis Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The foundation of the company is, I believe, good. The culture Emmis tries to cultivate is one of being upright, open, rational & fun. There's also a bit freedom that comes with working here. I'm left alone to do my job with limited interference. We hear fairly regularly about how Emmis believes in being good to their people. They give raises & bonuses when they can. The standard full time benefits are better than some. Emmis talks about hiring the best people because that's how you get the best results. It's a good place to be creative.

Cons

Neighborhood we live in is less a than desireable area & the building is too small (7 stations in a building originally built for only 2). Pay is downright insulting after so many years of (really good) service to this company. Office politics can be a pain to deal with here, often leaving me feeling defeated and exhausted at the end of the day.

Local Management: I'm not a minion here to do your job for you. I am here to keep every commercial on all of our 7 stations (14 if you count the streaming stations) organized and correct on the air. My position is highly specialized & I have 10+ years of experience. It's also almost 60 people that are utilizing the services of the 1.5 people in my department - more often than not with impatience & limited focus on important details. The hardest part of this job is dealing with co-workers that have no respect for my knowledge of the production process & how to keep the most money in their paychecks - instead choosing to question my methods & throwing fits when errors I told them would happen come to fruition. I'm good at what I do, I keep A LOT of money on the books and I ask that the managers trust & respect my abililty to do my job right in order for your employees to follow suit.

Great culture, growing company, good work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Emmis Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, great perks, reasonable expectations, truly values life and happiness alongside strong work ethic

Cons

location of office not extremely desirable.

There are newer employer reviews for Emmis Communications

Worked for Emmis Communications? Contribute to the Community!