On all great place to work friendly people. Very good benifits.

Current Employee - Coder  in  Decatur, GA
Current Employee - Coder in Decatur, GA

I have been working at Emory Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with. The benifits.

Cons

Management seems to let some know of health care changes you need to know to do your job, and other are not told about changes. So as a team we can not do our jobs to the best that we can do because we were all not informed of the changes.

communicate and train your staff

Other Reviews for Emory Healthcare

Great Benefits, Terrible Management

Current Employee - Patient Service Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Service Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emory Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits were awesome. I enjoyed all of the perks that were given to us. I also loved my co-workers. They made the job manageable.

Cons

Management at the calll center and many of the front desk areas is quite awful. Managers are generally only worried about meeting the numbers, and fail to realize that their staff are human beings who go through things just like they do. Because they are all about the numbers, they forget to check in with their employees to make sure we are okay. Also, I noticed that HR tends to look out for the managers more than they do lower level employees. Don't submit a complaint because rest assure that retaliation will shortly follow. Don't be surprised if you develop anxiety issues and problems related from stress thanks to poor leadership and management. Also, the pay is ridiculously low.

Yes, numbers are important, but please embrace a more employee-centered approach. Because of poor management, numerous departments are losing their best employees, you know, the employees that achieve those great numbers that managers are so worried about. Show your employees that you actually care about them and are grateful for all of their work. And, when you make a mistake, own up to it. Don't try to blame one of your employees because you are scared of your boss. And lastly, listen to your employees instead of retaliating against them.

Working at Emory has been a great experience!

Current Employee - Nurse Clinician  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Nurse Clinician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emory Healthcare part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Emory' s foundation is Family centered care. As an employer they not only meet & exceed the patient care needs, but they make the needs and ongoing development of their employees a priority as well. A Great benefits program is also a plus.

Cons

Managers can sometimes get so entangled in "meeting the numbers"that they forget/disregard "meeting the needs of your employees"

In striving to achieve certain accreditations, Don't lose focus of the recruiting & retention aspect that motivates employees to continue to give their best

There are newer employer reviews for Emory Healthcare.

Worked for Emory Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!