Emory Healthcare
www.emoryhealthcare.org Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Overall a positive place to work with normal hospital politics

Analyst (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsAs a process engineer, I've worked a fair amount with MDs on initiatives that they pilot. Healthcare has long been run administratively (and in most other respects) by physicians that only have medical training. However, most MDs seem to view you as a team member that they can learn from. Everyone I've worked with is friendly and supportive with the overall goal of improving the delivery of healthcare

ConsAs is usual with clinically trained personnel, it's difficult to communicate engineering concepts and results that are derived from proven methodologies in other industries because most clinical providers have prevailing biases. General hospital politics between departments are to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more transparency and accountability for mistakes and bottlenecks in the healthcare system. Instead of blaming someone else, attempting to foster teamwork among different departments would be beneficial.

Standard Healthcare company

I have been working at Emory Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros: Laid back friendly people environment. Cons: Not much room for growth. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Working as an intern at Emory Healthcare and having a great experience

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emory Healthcare as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Everyone wants to help you make connections Cons: Have some down time, initiative required Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Emory Healthcare.

Worked for Emory Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emory Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emory Healthcare CEO John T. Fox . All reviews posted anonymously by Emory Healthcare employees.