There are newer employer reviews for Emory Healthcare

Employee Benefits

I have been working at Emory Healthcare

Pros

Emory does cutting edge research and this leads to intellectual stimulation that is superior to most hospitals. It is inspirational to be associated with Emory University.

Cons

Benefits at Emory Healthcare are at least as good as other Atlanta hospitals. However there has
been steady erosion of all benefits over the years. Longtime employees have lost the special benefits that attracted them to Emory; leaving many bitter employees. Recent changes due to the economic downturn were mostly well communicated to employees. The exception to this would be the new co-payment and coinsurance with medical coverage. This was very poorly explained at too few meetings that were so crowded there were people sitting on the floor and people turned away. I have spent many vacation days sorting through medical and other benefits, and I had to take vacation time for an in-hospital appointment with the vendor used for retirement investments.

There should be more opportunities to learn the details of all benefits changes. Many large employers, such as Southern Company, have grandfathered people's benefits so long term employees maintain the benefits they were hired with. This seems only fair to me.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Emory Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Internship Program

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Emory Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-This was a very structured program. It was easy to navigate the entire program and get the resources needed.
    -I had a great preceptor. My projects provided a great learning experience.
    -They provided summer housing .

Cons

-Emory is a very large slow moving organization. It was difficult to complete any meaningful work in such a short period of time but that is the nature of doing an internship.

Numbers

I have been working at Emory Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best advantage is Job security

Cons

The biggest disadvantage is lack of opportunities of advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Emory Healthcare