Emory Healthcare

www.emoryhealthcare.org
There are newer employer reviews for Emory Healthcare

Employee Benefits

I have been working at Emory Healthcare

Pros

Emory does cutting edge research and this leads to intellectual stimulation that is superior to most hospitals. It is inspirational to be associated with Emory University.

Cons

Benefits at Emory Healthcare are at least as good as other Atlanta hospitals. However there has
been steady erosion of all benefits over the years. Longtime employees have lost the special benefits that attracted them to Emory; leaving many bitter employees. Recent changes due to the economic downturn were mostly well communicated to employees. The exception to this would be the new co-payment and coinsurance with medical coverage. This was very poorly explained at too few meetings that were so crowded there were people sitting on the floor and people turned away. I have spent many vacation days sorting through medical and other benefits, and I had to take vacation time for an in-hospital appointment with the vendor used for retirement investments.

There should be more opportunities to learn the details of all benefits changes. Many large employers, such as Southern Company, have grandfathered people's benefits so long term employees maintain the benefits they were hired with. This seems only fair to me.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Emory Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Enjoy working at Emory

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emory Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, boss, and co-workers. Emory has a great reputation.

Cons

Parking is aggravating. Difficult to get new position in different dept, HR very slow to respond.

A good place to work if you are in the right department

I worked at Emory Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved the people I worked with, benefits were excellent and they emphasized the company values and processes. I like that Emory is so organized and the opportunities for advancement are many.

Cons

I felt my management team was not supportive of my position. I found it very difficult to do as much as I could for our patients. I will note that more staff was added after I resigned.

There should be more of a checks and balances for mid management. Don't assume supervisors and department managers are working the hours they claim or doing the work they say they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Emory Healthcare

Worked for Emory Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!