Employee Benefits

Pros

Emory does cutting edge research and this leads to intellectual stimulation that is superior to most hospitals. It is inspirational to be associated with Emory University.

Cons

Benefits at Emory Healthcare are at least as good as other Atlanta hospitals. However there has been steady erosion of all benefits over the years. Longtime employees have lost the special benefits that attracted them to Emory; leaving many bitter employees. Recent changes due to the economic downturn were mostly well communicated to employees. The exception to this would be the new co-payment and coinsurance with medical coverage. This was very poorly explained at too few meetings that were so crowded there were people sitting on the floor and people turned away. I have spent many vacation days sorting through medical and other benefits, and I had to take vacation time for an in-hospital appointment with the vendor used for retirement investments.

Advice to Management

There should be more opportunities to learn the details of all benefits changes. Many large employers, such as Southern Company, have grandfathered people's benefits so long term employees maintain the benefits they were hired with. This seems only fair to me.

Other Employee Reviews for Emory Healthcare

1. fair

Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Dialysis Technician in Atlanta, GA

Pros

patients are wonderful and very grateful

Cons

management not professional, shows favoritism and is petty and childish

Advice to Management

get training and be fair and honest, everyone has a first day

2. My experience

Pros

Great benefits and evironment. I enjoyed my time and felt part of a family that could work hard together to solve problems.

Cons

Can be very competitive and this can get in the way of communication but it is improving immensely. Management is doing well to remedy it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you are great to your employees. Thank you for my experience there. Definitely one of my favorite employers.