Emory Healthcare

www.emoryhealthcare.org

Employee Benefits

ProsEmory does cutting edge research and this leads to intellectual stimulation that is superior to most hospitals. It is inspirational to be associated with Emory University.

ConsBenefits at Emory Healthcare are at least as good as other Atlanta hospitals. However there has
been steady erosion of all benefits over the years. Longtime employees have lost the special benefits that attracted them to Emory; leaving many bitter employees. Recent changes due to the economic downturn were mostly well communicated to employees. The exception to this would be the new co-payment and coinsurance with medical coverage. This was very poorly explained at too few meetings that were so crowded there were people sitting on the floor and people turned away. I have spent many vacation days sorting through medical and other benefits, and I had to take vacation time for an in-hospital appointment with the vendor used for retirement investments.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more opportunities to learn the details of all benefits changes. Many large employers, such as Southern Company, have grandfathered people's benefits so long term employees maintain the benefits they were hired with. This seems only fair to me.

Not a bad place to work

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emory Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great colleagues, I've made some really good friends here. Senior Leadership has a strong desire to make this… Cons: Pay is lower than surrounding hospitals To many un-needed therapies are ordered and it can be difficult to get them changed, especially when patients are not… Advice to Senior Management: Improve tranparency Improve the departmental/unit leadership. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Positive experience at Emory Winship Cancer Center

Nurse Clinician (RN) (Current Employee) Decatur, GA

I have been working at Emory Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros: Emory is cutting edge with care and also a Magnet… Cons: Hard to get time off. Advice to Senior Management: Update equipment for lab to enhance patient experience by decreasing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emory Healthcare.

Worked for Emory Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!