Application Developer

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emory University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Emory tries to build your strengths and strongly encourages training in soft skills for technical workers. They do a great job of creating understanding of team dynamics. The hours are reasonable and they don't push to work unpaid overtime like some places I've worked in the past. Overall I've been very happy working here.

Cons

Culture seems a little strange sometimes. In general it's a pretty supportive culture. But there are some people that just don't respond via emails for whatever reason and overall people are more into having meetings rather than just using emails to respond to quick questions. Just different then other places I've worked that were faster paced. So good in the sense that there's not a lot of chaos and fire fighting. But be prepared for a slower response to things as they are very process driven.

Other Reviews for Emory University

Great health benefits, free transportation.

Current Employee - Research Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Research Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emory University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free annual MARTA passes, Free Cliff Shuttles, Great Aetna Health PPO packages; discounted rate for pharmacy and Emory-network doctors, free mental health and counseling for employees.

Cons

Pediatrics could sponsor more department-wide events to meet people from other labs. Parking is terrible if you don't take the MARTA; all the clinic parking is very expensive.

The upper management is great; could place greater emphasis on job security.

Great employer!

I have been working at Emory University

Pros

I am able to create my own hours, and my bosses are very communicative. Tutoring is one of the best-paid on-campus jobs.

Cons

Hours depend upon students' needs; some weeks, I have fewer hours than I would like.

There are newer employer reviews for Emory University.

Worked for Emory University? Contribute to the Community!