Emory University
www.emory.edu Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

One of the largest employers in Atlanta

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emory University

ProsI am lucky to live nearby. Compensation is pretty good and the faculty/staff (for the most part) are good to work with.

ConsTraffic and the cost of parking. The shuttle services could certainly be improved. It is a very large organization, very easy to get lost and unsure of how you fit in. Why is coffee so expensive? Logic is not something usually practiced here.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to communicate and promote better 2-way communications. Training and growth opportunities could be better. We are experiencing a shift to a more "corporate" organization, this is difficult for many to take.

Pressure Cooker

Faculty (Current Employee)

I have been working at Emory University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Lots of smart, hardworking people Excellent benefits Excellent values at the institutional… Cons: Soft-money side enterprise is merciless and mercenary, cares way more about bottom like than scholarship or students. Current lack… Advice to Senior Management: New junior faculty need way more support. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to do research

I have been working at Emory University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: nice environment for research and study, great network, good program. Cons: Strong in medical, science, not in engineer. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Emory University.

Worked for Emory University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emory University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emory University CEO Jim Wagner. All reviews posted anonymously by Emory University employees.