Empire Bank

Great local bank

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Empire Bank

Pros

Retail management is in tune to the challenges and opportunities of the front-line staff. Therefore, sales goals are typically reasonable and easy to achieve. Sales incentive can be lucrative for this type of position for motivated individuals.

Cons

Management is quick to think idealistic as opposed to realistic. Promotions are often given based on politics as opposed to who possesses the better skill set and/or education.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Empire Bank (View Most Recent)

Empire Bank Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Empire Bank full-time

Pros

The hours are good and you get paid holidays. I was lucky enough to work with some great people and meet some wonderful customers.

Cons

There is a lot of politics that go on at Empire Bank. You're just a number at this bank and they make sure you are aware of that. They don't practice teamwork. It's every man for themselves.

My advice for this bank would be to send your management to some kind of management training where they can be trained properly. My last manager and assistant manager had poor communication. Due to the lack of communication I would be reprimanded for things I either didn't do or was informed improperly to do only to be later reprimanded by the other. Teamwork is very important and needs to be established in the company.

Although I loved my actual job and customers, there was no team environment, making it difficult and stressful at times.

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Springfield, MO

I worked at Empire Bank

Pros

The customers are extremely friendly. Overall the job is easy.

Cons

There was no "team" environment. I was responsible for the tasks that the lead teller should have been in charge of, such as balancing the vault totals and cashier's checks. There was no recognition whatsoever for hard work and excellent customer service.

Make sure that you recognize those employees who truly go above and beyond for their customers and the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Empire Bank