Empire Today

www.empiretoday.com
  www.empiretoday.com
There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today

Whether at Empire or anywhere else it is called a job and you are there to work.

Current Employee - Manager in Northlake, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Empire Today

Pros

Large company with a small company feel. Management is open to suggestions and willing to listen to and implement ideas. Recognition of good ideas and implementation is met with immediate response.

Cons

Compared to other companies Empire might be too lax with employees.

Keep up the good work and continue the customer service focus.

164 Other Employee Reviews for Empire Today (View Most Recent)

Worst in-home sales job ever

Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Empire Today

Pros

Lots of unqualified leads set from cable TV ads promoting "Free Installation," "Buy 2 Rooms get the rest of the house for free" or other promotions that give the potential customer the expectation of a low price.

Cons

You'll make ony 4% on most sales, and this is net (after miscellaneous/noncommissionable) items are subtracted from the sales price. I've seen over over 22 sales reps come and go and only 1 make a decent living (@ 800/wk) in only 6 weeks working with this company. (This is only for the Dayton Ohio location that also services Columbus and Cincinnati.)

Take a month to try to make a living being an Independent Sales Contractor for Empire Today and then look in the mirror and admit that it's impossible and designed to be that way.

Use caution before jumping onboard!

Current Employee - Sales Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Contractor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Empire Today

Pros

If you are just starting out in sales, it would be a great place to get your feet wet. You WILL learn how to overcome objections and other valuable skills. The sales training by John was actually very good I thought.

Cons

Where to start? The hours are bad. The politics and mandatory sales meetings etc. are rough. You spend a LOT of money on gas. You waste a ton of time on wasted unqualified appointments . They start a new training class EVERY TWO WEEKS. That is a red flag guys!

The paperwork is extremely heavy. You will spend several hours if you do make a sale. At 4% for a $1200 sale you make $48. Of which you will spend a lot on gas, taxes (you are a corporation), and time.

Management is overworked and not helpful. The very worst thing is that you work very hard to make sales and spend several hours. More than 1/2 will fall out in financing. And you STILL have to do all the paperwork even if it falls through!

I normally don't get on blogs but I feel people should know. I would tell you to look for a career or even a job somewhere else.

There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today