There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today

To date my experience has been very challenging and rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Empire Today

Pros

The company is growing again and offers individuals the opportunity to learn and excel everyday. It is a business where almost everone is interested in improving the look of their home which is very important. As a company the vast majority of our customers are extremely pleased with their overall experience.

Cons

Empire Today is not a 9-5 job. You should b prepared to work outside your normal business hours if needed.

Advice to Management

the Empire Leadership Team should continue to listen to what our customers are saying as well as the employees on the front lines.

reviews filtered by

Worst in-home sales job ever

Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Empire Today

Pros

Lots of unqualified leads set from cable TV ads promoting "Free Installation," "Buy 2 Rooms get the rest of the house for free" or other promotions that give the potential customer the expectation of a low price.

Cons

You'll make ony 4% on most sales, and this is net (after miscellaneous/noncommissionable) items are subtracted from the sales price. I've seen over over 22 sales reps come and go and only 1 make a decent living (@ 800/wk) in only 6 weeks working with this company. (This is only for the Dayton Ohio location that also services Columbus and Cincinnati.)

Advice to Management

Take a month to try to make a living being an Independent Sales Contractor for Empire Today and then look in the mirror and admit that it's impossible and designed to be that way.

Whether at Empire or anywhere else it is called a job and you are there to work.

Current Employee - Manager in Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Empire Today

Pros

Large company with a small company feel. Management is open to suggestions and willing to listen to and implement ideas. Recognition of good ideas and implementation is met with immediate response.

Cons

Compared to other companies Empire might be too lax with employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue the customer service focus.