There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today

great JOB!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Empire Today full-time for more than a year

Pros

meeting new people
Helping people and assigned leads

Cons

none, but be prepared to work..nothing comes easy

143 Other Employee Reviews for Empire Today (View Most Recent)

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Empire Today full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many hot leads. Make your own hours.

Cons

Unscreened leads, horrible horrible commissions.
    You have to fight for your commissions. Every week - Empire steals from your paycheck.
    Management lies. They send you over an hour from your home to a customer who is NOT at home. Management expects you to sell EVERY job. Empire is severely OVERPRICED! NOT competitive at all against Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Worthless weekly meetings if you don't attend - they dock you. NO benefits. NO gas pay. Not even minimum wage. No bonuses, no medical insurance, NO 401K ... They expect you to BUY every lead with your own time, gas, wear and tear on your car and the 800 Number never screens callers, so the rep is left going to house and being confronted by angry customers who were promised Empire sells green zebra carpet when we don't .

Stop lying. Stop telling reps they can earn more money. Stop insisting we sell everything.

Independent Contractor Inc

Current Employee - Independent Contractor  in  Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Empire Today full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy sell, if you get leads

Cons

Crappy management, unfair business practices especially when it comes to how the company distributes the leads, most jobs pay 4% or less, long hours, no insurance, no nothing, tons of miles, lies... one day you will be on the top and the next they don't know your name and could care less about you. I close 50-70% most are like I said 4%. Very little support, training isn't bad but lacks product knowledge and real life experiences of what to expect. You must incorporate cost after 60 days cost approx. $280.00++++ and then you get leads but for only a few months then your really on your own. I am looking like most for something new. This is a revolving door DON'T DO IT YOU WILL REGRET IT, YOU WILL BE GONE IN JUST A FEW MONTHS... Be Warned. Oh one other thing Empire bought Luna and that is your biggest competitor, your competing against your own company.

Stop the games, your playing with families lives here, you are so out dated, distribute the leads fairer, support those who have the talent, you only need half the sales force you have now, you will get back what you give...

There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today

Worked for Empire Today? Contribute to the Community!