There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today

decent job, not too shabby.. would work there again

Current Employee - Salesman  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Salesman in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Empire Today full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pto
good managers
bonuses
regular raises and bonuses

Cons

alot of overtime
sometimes didnt allow time off if near holidays

less overtime

142 Other Employee Reviews for Empire Today (View Most Recent)

Let the buyer be warned! And the sales rep too! Run don't walk away from this scam of a "job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Empire Today full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, your your own boss, so to speak

Cons

This is truly a horrible place to work. However you don't technically or legally work for them. Empire will only "hire" you if you commit to incorporating within 60 days of being there. They offer you absolutely no benefits whatsoever. YOU are responsible for paying for your own gas, wear and tear on your car (and trust me there is plenty of that), tolls, a measuring device, EVERYTHING. If they could make you buy your own samples, I'm sure they would. No wait, you actually have to pay for those, it's listed in the 50 plus pages they make you sign before they will "hire" you as an independent contractor. Note that they don't hire you as an employee (Insert RED FLAG here) But they will treat you like one. Insisting that you show up for their bi weekly meetings which are a joke. And they will tell you that if you choose not to show up, they can choose not to give you any leads. By the way, they will have you drive (even if you live in Rockford or Indiana what do they care it's not their time, gas, or money) to Northlake twice a week to clap for all the reps who make it into "the Circle of Excellence" and practice reiterating their famous scam lines "buy one get two free. " Yes people this is a scam. There really is no sale...this is their "marketing" strategy. Everything about this company is very dishonest. The managers and trainers will look you straight in the eye and LIE to your face Their paid training is also a joke. They pay you $300.00 a week for their "infoshare" sessions. Which does not even come out to minimum wage and then they will hold it over your head, like they have done you such a favor to give you money for the time commitment you have given to them. Their training is below average to say the least. They try to cram in as much product knowledge as they can in week so they can get to the "good stuff" the next week. Basically they teach you how to scam the customer. By starting 20% above their already ridiculously high starting price so you can make "drops". Then when the wise customer refuses to sign that day, which by the way, they expect you to close every deal on your first call so you don't have to go back because after all, "they are the only game in town, as no body else can do what they do." Then you are told to make a "fake call" to your manager in an attempt to get the deal done. REALLY? This was drilled into our heads by the way. We were yelled at for not doing this step.

Our trainer told us "If you have a heart, this isn't the job for you." They would yell at us for asking questions that could reasonably come up while we were in the house, and then get annoyed that we were getting the class behind. Then the installers would throw the new reps under the bus with comments to the customer like, " Your rep should have known that." REALLY? How would we have known that when we weren't even taught the basics on flooring. Their true focus was on selling their phony products. They did not want us to focus on anything but that. Of course until we were hit with charge backs for all the things that we left out of the jobs because we were not properly taught how to figure them in. All they care about is SALES. Nothing more nothing less. Just sell the deal. This place truly is a scam. If you have a moral compass or something called integrity...This is DEFINITELY not the job for you. And all the other reviews about unfair doling out of the leads...Yep that 's true too. The "magic" leads went only to the top performers or top scamers how ever you choose to look at it. My advice to you would be to do your research before you agree to "work" for Empire. All you need to do is Google Empire customer complaints and you will find pages and pages of negative reviews. Most or them are about the sketchy sales tactics. The EXACT methods they were teaching us in training. If you believe in Karma, I would suggest you not work for this company!

I would say that the upper management at Empire really needs to take a hard look at their very outdated mode of operation. There should not be pages and pages of both negative customer reviews as well as pages and pages of negative employee reviews. There is definitely something wrong with this picture. They should not have to have monthly sales training sessions. The place is a turn style. If you insist on living in the past, then get back to old fashioned values. Price your product fairly and pay your reps fairly. In the long run, it will cost you less. Focus on quality. Hire quality trainers and they will produce quality sales reps. And be HONEST!

great JOB!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Empire Today full-time for more than a year

Pros

meeting new people
    Helping people and assigned leads

Cons

none, but be prepared to work..nothing comes easy

There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today

Worked for Empire Today? Contribute to the Community!