Empire Today

There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Empire Today part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great products, excellent customer service

Cons

At this time, I have not seen any CONS

none

164 Other Employee Reviews for Empire Today (View Most Recent)

Great Company! Best products on the market!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Empire Today part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome NEW commission structure! Best products on the market! Best customer service! Best warranties! Great management! You know when you sell a product you are selling your customer best quality and value and that this company will take great care of them. You can't keep an A++ with the BBB and not be a great company!! They stand behind their product and their consumer. It's key to sell something you can believe in!

Cons

So far, so good! I don't have any complaints yet but when I do I will let you know! But be advised, if you can't do basic math with a calculator, then this might not be the job for you!!

I haven't seen it this bad

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are becoming few and far between. I guess the fact that you are an independent contractor, and you make you own hours. That's all they really have left.

Cons

Lack of support. Lack of leadership in sales management in the last month has forced me to get serious about making a change in my career. I have been a sales rep from several years, and made pretty decent money. Your expenses have always been a challenge as you have to invest in travel everyday. There is no reimbursement, so as an independent contractor you have to monitor your expenses. This year has been difficult, as the average customer isn't spending as much, due primarily to the customers that respond to the advertising. Their financial status and budget has decreased. I also think that customers have figured out that the starting price is well inflated over what you would find at other retailers that sell carpet and flooring. I used to receive support, good advice, and help from my manager, problem is he is no longer there. Current manager just isn't any help at all. Sales meetings were productive, instructional, and beneficial. Now they are difficult to sit through, and if there was anything to gain from them, I would be the first to seek benefit and be excited to gain knowledge. The current sales managers mistakes, poor communication and just plain old lack of ability, in my opinion, makes it difficult to get excited about what I do.

To add to all this, there is a definite disconnect with the office and it's management, and the sales reps. It is too bad that there is really no one that I can really depend on, or look forward to seeing anymore. If a mistake is made at installation, there is a lot of blame that the mistake was made by the sales rep. Most of the time, this is not the case. Often you are penalized, or even charged back commission on the job, and there is no reconciliation process. It's just the way it is. You are an independent contractor, there isn't much you can do.

Not sure of the outlook of this company, but the brand image just isn't the same. The current sale that's being advertised has one of the higher priced carpets on "promotion". Last week, we were told to not even show the customer that product, since it is so high to begin with. I have a problem with that, and maybe that's why I have begun to receive less leads each day. I guess you can through yourself under a bus sometimes, so be it.

Work on image, and find the right people to lead your sales staff. Stop the soap opera antics in the office, make it a desirable place to go.

There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today