www.empiretoday.com
  www.empiretoday.com
There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At Empire Today, the possibilities for growth is endless. With hard work and using the technic's provided in paid training and continuing education, the only limit that there is is the limits you put on yourself. Being given warm leads to run, you are provided with the consumer that is in the market place to make a purchase. They are going to buy from someone, and it's up to the Sales Rep to earn that business and have Empire Today provide A+ service.

Cons

As in any career, hard work and time commitment is the key to success. A 12+ hour day is the only way to make this a lucrative sales position. Constant monitoring of the Sales Rep's performance via secret shop's, closing percentages and profit per lead are the metrics used to rate a good Sales Rep. This may be viewed as negative, but I have found it to be constructive.

Management is under constant pressure to preform. Not all Sales Rep's are in the same frame of mind to preform and that makes it difficult for the Management Team. Providing the maximum information to the Sales Rep's when we do go to the Corporate office would be great, there by limiting the visit's to Corporate. It is difficult to have to make multiple trips ever week to Corporate.

164 Other Employee Reviews for Empire Today (View Most Recent)

Happy here

I have been working at Empire Today

Pros

I've worked here for seven years and am not looking to leave anytime soon. I'm always busy yet I'm able to achieve a reasonable work-life balance (unlike many other places where I've worked), which is important to me because of my family. I'm blessed to work for a boss I really like and respect. Also, the casual dresscode is a huge plus.

Cons

The time-off policy isn't the most generous I've ever seen. But my husband is a teacher, so my expectations may be unrealistic :)

None, really.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A person spends much of his/her waking day at work, so it's important to feel valued and that the time spent at works makes a difference. That is how I feel about working at Empire. Ideas are seriously considered and work contributions are highly valued. The job I perform actually helps my coworkers to better succeed. The company has made significant strides over the last few years to add more fun to the workday. Management genuinely cares about the people as well as the bottom line.

Cons

Very few holidays and limited PTO/vacation time.

There are newer employer reviews for Empire Today