Empirian Property Management

www.epmapartments.com
There are newer employer reviews for Empirian Property Management

A JOB

I worked at Empirian Property Management

Pros

Experience, paid the bills and allowed me to exercise my skills for growth and leadership in a difficult environment

Cons

Lack of mentoring, leadership and opportunity to grow and further my credentials

Provide / promote / support professional growth opportunities. My belief is that the investment would benefit the company immensly.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Empirian Property Management (View Most Recent)

This company is having major financial problems, which makes keeping a positive attitude very difficult!

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Empirian Property Management

Pros

Since the company is having financial problems, no one is "breathing down your neck" to perform "miracles".
    If I have a Resident complaint, and am following policy, my Supervisor backs me. Which is very important to me.

Cons

As mentioned before, keeping a positive attitude is very difficult, and upper management does not want to hear you have a bad day!

It is extremely difficult to keep a property at it's best when just getting basic supplies, such as paint, a hot water tank or just a garbage disposal may take weeks.

Residents were used to receiving great "perks" for renewing their lease. Now, rents keep increasing regardless of the condition of their apartment or the property.

Because the company needs money, there are high late fees, transfer fees etc, that are never "waived", even for a long term Resident with a good history.

Managers are left to deal with irate businesses waiting to get paid. We can not give them a phone number to call, we can't answer when payment might be made, and have no control because we have no budget. As a result, we lose vendors and are left on our own to deal with some major issues.

Some of the upper management seems very out of touch with what is really going on at the property level. It would be helpful if EPM would have a face to face meeting with employees. I do not appreciate being "fed to the lions" regarding unpaid bills, open work requests or the condition of the property. If I vent to my Supervisor, she comments on my attitude!

Pay attention to long term employees! The "bonus" programs are bogus! Re-institute the "floating holiday" for an anniversary, appreciate more of the small steps a property makes! This is a very difficult job now!

Upper Managment has NO CLUE how to run a business.

I have been working at Empirian Property Management

Pros

Many paid holidays are great.

Cons

Lack of communication between upper managment and the properties is horrible!
    Unable to purchase parts and supplies for months on end.
    Lots of "policy changes" implemented that never really help.
    Property employees left hanging to deal with sreaming vendors and threats of lawsuits.
    No improvements to properties. Residents upset over crumbling ashpalt and leaking roofs.
    Employees are basically left with no means to do their jobs.

Communicate!!! Be more honest and upfront about what is actually going on instead of ignoring the HUGE pink elephant in the room.

Try to lay out something to employees about what is being done to resolve the mess that has been going on for years.

There are newer employer reviews for Empirian Property Management