Emprise Bank

www.emprisebank.com
  www.emprisebank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emprise Bank

Good community bank feel.

Current Employee - Teller III in Wichita, KS
Current Employee - Teller III in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Emprise Bank

Pros

You get to know your customers well.

Cons

Low pay for tellers, personal bankers, and branch managers.
Older technology.

Invest in new technology, and don't go cheap.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Emprise Bank (View Most Recent)

Good company, sometimes demanding job

Former Employee - Teller I in Wichita, KS

I worked at Emprise Bank part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good compensation and benefits, ability to advance, and coworkers are generally nice

Cons

Depending on branch, some duties can be extremely difficult given the clientele, for example, personal bankers in poorer parts are going to have a hard time getting customers into loans, etc. Tellers have to be careful with transactions and be on their toes all the time. Was fired because I cashed a fraudulent check.

Horrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Teller I in Wichita, KS

I worked at Emprise Bank part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many of the tellers are amazing at what they do and are always willing to help when asked. M.D. Michaelis (Owner) and Thomas A. Page (President), are great individuals. They have a open door policy and if you have any questions or concerns are always willing to help. They have been known to show up at every branch location and hand out bonuses and to say thank you to each and every employee. The best part is, you can actually tell they truly mean it when they say it.

Cons

Many of the personal bankers and branch managers have been known to take anything and everything you say out of context. Then later use it against you. You are never allowed to make a mistake or else you will be called into a back room and written up (even if you drawer is .50cents off). The branch managers are responsible for deciding who all gets bonuses and lets the upper management know what they feel is everyone's "fare share" or "contributed effort" is for bonuses. Considering there is only one member of management at each location, if you happen to not be "in" with your boss you are likely to get very little to nothing.

If more of management was genuinely kind and actually cared about the people immediately under them like Mr. Michaelis and Mr. Page are the company would be a fantastic place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Emprise Bank