Emptoris

www.emptoris.com

Great coworkers, good office location, competetive benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsI was part of Emptoris before it was acquired by IBM. Back then, it had a smallcompany culture, great rapport between cross functional teams ~ QA, dev, product management, professional services. Sourcing and Spend products were stable, had a good customer base which translated to enough good work to keep you going.

ConsThey have a huge team in India, and mostly interactions are required on a regular basis. That means you will have to come into work really early to catch up with the offshore folks.
Not many fun activities for employees, except 2 or 3 ~ summer outing, thanksgiving party. Many new members joined the company from acquisitions in US burlington office leading to work culture differences.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees updated about new happenings like acquistions. Introduce fun activities ~ all work and no play isnt good.

Great place to grow your career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

I have been working at Emptoris

Pros: the people are fantastic to work with. Co-workers are smart and creative. I have had a lot of opportunity to… Cons: The company is in a growth phase. It is not sure if it is a small company or a large company. This means that some… Advice to Senior Management: The employee base is made up of a distinct groups. Those that have been there for a long time, the ones that came from in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A strong organization without equal investment and interest in all of it's product lines

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

I worked at Emptoris

Pros: Good pay Growing client base Good people Cons: Underinvestment in acquisitions Non-competitive in VMS space Increasing sales demands with decreasing development… Advice to Senior Management: Sell Services Procurement, or put some serious $$ into it to make it the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emptoris.

Worked for Emptoris? Contribute to the Community!