Empyrean Benefit Solutions
goempyrean.com Houston, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Know what you're getting into (Rich & Dave Pay Attention)

Tier I Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay is decent ($15 an hour for Tier 1)
You get to work with many talented people.
1 Hour lunches with 2 15 minute breaks if time allows
Really challenging

ConsOccurrences over ANYTHING (Calling in sick *child could be dying it's still an occurrence*, clocking in seconds late *literally count seconds*, misinforming participants due to incorrect data given). This has led to MANY talented people leaving only because they were sick, or had sick children.

Tasks are given to you if your supervisors did not complete their work (you will do team lead, tier 2, BA, PMs tasks)

Harassment over phones is never dealt with. Participants harass you all the time and dont expect them to report them to their HR (it looks bad for the clients)

Overworked like hell. Expect huge case loads, calls, chats, additional tasks to be completed or else it is an occurrence.

Advice to Senior Management1) You pay your BAs way too much and spend too much money on happy hours for them to have them give us their work and it's not just simply paperwork but correcting carrier file data also (strictly supposed to be BA work).

2) You promise your clients an automated file system. It does not exist and BAs perform these duties manually. Stop lying to your clients and expecting high productivity without providing high productivity tools to perform these tasks.

3) Tier 1s, Tier 2s, and Team Leads are in constant threat of losing their jobs for something as simple as being late by seconds. Yet, a BA can accidentally terminate 200 employees and their dependents and face no consequences as they have Tier 1s and 2s fix their problem. This is favoritism and should be reported to the EEOC and Department of Labor. It will happen. This is why you have error and omission claims being active processed.

Good starter job

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

Pros: Company Culture and new building is great. People are relatively young,… Cons: Stressful, long hours during Open Enrollment. Low pay for the work hours required. You don't really have a say in what… Advice to Senior Management: Pay employees more and you will limit turnover. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great for those right out of school

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

Pros: Great co-workers and Great mangers Cons: Company growing, so you have to deal with their growing pains. Pay No life… Advice to Senior Management: None. I feel they do the best they can with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Worked for Empyrean Benefit Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Empyrean Benefit Solutions – Why Work for Us?

We're looking for the best. At Empyrean, we believe in the difference one person can make. If you’re looking to become part of a team where each person is encouraged to succeed and given the tools to do so, we want to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Empyrean Benefit Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Empyrean Benefit Solutions CEO Richard Wolfe. All reviews posted anonymously by Empyrean Benefit Solutions employees.