Empyrean Benefit Solutions

goempyrean.com

A good start but don't stay long

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros-A good place to get started.
-Offer a lot of PTO time.
-Some good managers.
-Lenient dress code

Cons-Do not pay for accrued PTO when you leave
-Disconnect between managers and analysts on how a client is actually run
-Low pay and mediocre benefits
-BAs and CSRs are over-worked
-The only people who seem to be promoted are either senior management or analysts that put in 80+ hours a week
-Very high turnaround of employees

Advice to Senior Management-Heed these reviews as they are not the "vocal minority". There is a reason that high turnaround is an issue with the company; employees feel they are not heard.
-The execs need to go straight to the BAs/CSRs and not through the CSMs for feedback. The CSM may be able to tell the client or senior management what they want to hear but the BAs/CSRs are the ones who actually know the situation and are the only ones who can give an honest answer about what is going on with a client.
-Do not skip over a hiring period due to concerns over employees "slacking off" if website blocking does not go up to prevent such actions in the first place.

Good company still in "start-up" mode

Entry Business Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Plenty of hands-on experience - Work directly with upper management - High potential… Cons: - Most of the training is up to you. You will receive some initial training but once you hit the floor, you hit it hard -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unappreciated And Unheard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros: Dress code is really casual -Liberal in handing out PTO -Co-workers are… Cons: -Horrendously understaffed; fueled by high turnover -My former manager informed us that we had to choose between a work/life balance and success at work. -Most employees do… Advice to Senior Management: First, slow down the growth of the company. The clients you have aren't set up like at Hewitt where one person can manage 12… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Worked for Empyrean Benefit Solutions? Contribute to the Community!